By clicking on each of the jurisdictional links below, you can access information for each of our jurisdictions in relation to:
- Can searches be conducted?
- Certificates of good standing – if and how these are being conducted
- Other searches – how are these being conducted?
- Court position
- Travel restrictions
- Other Temporary Regulatory Measures
- The implications for economic substance compliance and residency
Offshore companies incorporated in Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey, the Isle of Man, Jersey as well as Mauritius and the Seychelles are listed on over 20 stock exchanges globally. It is well documented that the COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted global financial markets resulting in depressed pricing of listed equities. It is therefore no surprise that public-to-private (also referred to as ‘going private’ or ‘take private’) transactions involving listed offshore company targets are once again in vogue.
Whilst COVID-19 has put the brakes on certain areas of M&A activity, Appleby is seeing an increase in public-to-private transactions as buyers pursue opportunities to acquire at a discount listed offshore targets across various industry sectors.
We trust this information is useful in supporting your business in continuing to operate during these unprecedented circumstances.
The intention is to publish updates to this report as and when required. Further articles will also follow in relation to matters pertinent to the current situation in our different jurisdictions.
* Appleby is registered as a Foreign Law Firm in Hong Kong and does not practice Hong Kong Law.