By clicking on each of the jurisdictional links below, you can access information for each of our jurisdictions in relation to:
- Can searches be conducted?
- Certificates of good standing – if and how these are being conducted
- Other searches – how are these being conducted?
- Court position
- Travel restrictions
- Other Temporary Regulatory Measures
- The implications for economic substance compliance and residency
Appleby Hong Kong Partner David Bulley and Cayman Islands Senior Associate Dean Bennett recently wrote about the increasing attractiveness of special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs) and the use of Cayman Islands exempted companies in these types of structures. Clients and contacts were interested in learning more about SPACs generally and enquired about their use in each of the jurisdictions where Appleby practises law. In this global article, we revisit the basics, then look to each of our key jurisdictions for specific trends and insights.
We trust this information is useful in supporting your business in continuing to operate during these unprecedented circumstances.
The intention is to publish updates to this report as and when required. Further articles will also follow in relation to matters pertinent to the current situation in our different jurisdictions.
* Appleby is registered as a Foreign Law Firm in Hong Kong and does not practice Hong Kong Law.