Juliette Ally (née Butler) is Counsel in the Corporate department in the Seychelles. She has a broad experience, specialising in corporate and commercial law. She acts for international banks, large private corporate clients and small businesses alike. She has experience in mergers and acquisitions of corporate and business entities; advising on financial restructuring, drafting and reviewing loan securities documentation, as well as drafting and advising on shareholders agreements, partnership agreements, agency/distribution agreements, consultancy/compromise agreements, acquisition of commercial properties, commercial leases, business licensing and terms and conditions of sale and purchase.
She graduated with a Bachelor of Laws with Honours in Law from the University of Sussex in 1998 and was awarded the Diploma in Legal Practice from The College of Law in London in 2000. She was admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales (non-practising) in October 2007. Juliette also holds an LLM in Child Law and Policy from Uxbridge University and has a general interest in children’s rights.
Prior to joining Appleby in July 2011, Juliette spent nine years working in the UK for a solicitors’ firm, Rawlins Davy Plc (Solicitors & Mediators), where she trained as a solicitor and practised before moving back home to the Seychelles.
Recent highlights have included:
- Advising and assisting international banks/financial institutions in respect of financial re-structures and banking services; providing legal opinions, corporate authorisations, guidance on satisfaction of CPs etc from Seychelles financial law perspective
- Providing advice on corporate/share restructure, including JVs, amendments to memorandum and articles for offshore companies incorporated in Seychelles, review and advice on shareholders agreements, share subscription agreements, share sale and purchase agreements; reduction and increase of share capital, preference shares etc
- Drafting of Seychelles law security documents and perfection requirements: share pledges, floating charges, guarantee, assignments, loan agreements, mortgage, deeds of release etc
- Corporate/legal due diligence into IBCs, CSLs and domestic companies and producing legal review reports
- Assisting with preparation of bank guidelines on cross-border financial services and securities and investments in Seychelles
- Advising and assisting with litigious matters relating to freezing direction by the Seychelles Financial Intelligence Unit under the anti-money laundering legislation
- Advising in respect of ownership of immovable property transfer restrictions (freehold/leasehold) under Seychelles law for foreign investors
- Legal opinions as to capacity of Seychelles law entities and enforceability of security/financial documents under Seychelles law generally
University of Sussex (England)
College of Law, London (England)
University of Brunel, Uxbridge (England)