Jerome Wilson is a partner and member of the Corporate department in Appleby’s Bermuda office. His practice includes, but is not limited to, advising on complex shipping matters, ship financing, representation of lenders, borrowers and equity sponsors in bespoke cross jurisdictional transactions and other general matters, with specialties in public companies, telecommunications and asset-based acquisition and working capital financing. Jerome is also a member of Appleby’s global Technology & Innovation team, providing comprehensive advice in connection with all aspects of carrying on digital asset business in Bermuda.
Jerome is recognised by Chambers Global 2021 in the Corporate category where he is described as “extraordinarily responsive and well versed in Bermuda law.” He is noted for his strong Corporate and Capital Market capabilities. He is also recognised by Legal 500 Caribbean as a ´Next Generation Partner´ in the Banking, Finance and Capital Markets category and recommended in the Corporate and Commercial category. Jerome is also ranked as a ‘Notable Practitioner´ by IFLR1000.
Jerome is a member of the Bermuda Bar Association.
- Doing business from and within our shores – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – April 2021
- Valuation of shares in M&A deals – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – March 2021
- Finding focus after COVID-19 – Bermuda Finance Magazine Economy Roundtable – December 2020
- Threatened insolvency: Personal Exposure of Directors – Appleby: Offshore Business Update – May 2020
- Duties and Liabilities of Directors of Bermuda companies – Appleby: Offshore Business Update – April 2020
- BMA releases guidance on outsourcing – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – November 2019
- Public Access to Information: A Review – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – April 2019
- FLOATEL INTERNATIONAL LIMITED, Advised Floatel International Limited and it subsidiaries (the Group) on its successful, fully comprehensive balance sheet restructuring. The Floatel Group is renowned for providing offshore accommodation and support vessels;
- PARABOLIC DIGITAL HOLDINGS LTD., Advised on the establishment of Parabolic Digital Holdings Ltd. as a Bermuda company that would focus on the development and financing of green energy blockchain data centres;
- SIRIS CAPITAL GROUP LLC, Advised in relation to the acquisition of Travelport Worldwide Limited by Siris Capital Group LLC and Elliot Management Corp;
- BELMOND LTD., Advised Belmond Ltd. on its acquisition by LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (LVMH);
- SEADRILL, Advised the coordinating committee representing a bank group holding USD 7.4 billion in secured debt, on Seadrill Limited’s successful completion of its USD 10 billion restructuring plan pursuant to its chapter 11 plan of reorganisation. This high profile restructuring was one of the most complex restructurings in history and the largest ever in the offshore drilling sector;
- MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD., (MARVELL), Advised on the acquisition of Cavium for USD 6 billion. Advice included the preparation of a presentation to be delivered to the directors of Marvell, outlining the fiduciary duties arising under Bermudian law in the context of the transaction;
- NYSE-LISTED COMPANY AND LEADING PROVIDER OF DIFFERENTIATED PAPER AND PACKAGING SOLUTIONS, Advised client on its acquisition of a NYSE-listed company and recognized leading global provider of print-based specialty packaging solutions;
- AMERICA´S CUP EVENT AUTHORITY (BERMUDA) LTD., Provided ongoing charitable legal advice to the America’s Cup Event Authority (ACEA) in relation to the application of the Charities Act 2014, as it related to its affiliated charitable organization, known as “Endeavour Community Sailing”;
- THE BANK OF N.T. BUTTERFIELD & SON LIMITED, Mandatory Early Redemption of all outstanding 8.00 % Non-Cumulative Perpetual Limited Voting Preference Shares Guaranteed by the Government of Bermuda – Butterfield retired the entire Preference Share issue with a payment of $215.8 million (comprising principal and current dividends of $186.5 million and a make-whole premium of $29.3 million representing the present value of future dividends that Preference Shareholders would have received through 22 June 2019 maturity date);
- C&J ENERGY SERVICES LIMITED, Advised and represented C&J Energy Ltd and C&J Corporate Services (Bermuda) Ltd in respect of parallel provisional liquidation proceedings in Bermuda and chapter 11 proceedings in the United States of America;
- GLOBAL SC FINANCE IV LIMITED (A SUBSIDIARY OF SEACO SRL), Advised in connection with a private placement of USD 294 million of fixed rate asset backed notes for one of the world’s leading marine container leasing companies;
- THE CARLYLE GROUP, Completed the acquisition of Veritas Holdings Ltd., an information management systems provider, from Symantec Corp for a total purchase price of USD 8 billion. The transaction was the biggest U.S leveraged buyout announced in 2015 and the largest solo private equity purchase of U.S assets since 2011;
- KEYTECH LIMITED, Advising in connection with a multi-layered transaction that included the acquisition of the remainder of Bermuda Digital Communications Ltd. (CellOne) and the acquisition by Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc., of a controlling interest in Keytech;
- AMERICA’S CUP EVENT AUTHORITY, Acted in connection with the Bermuda Government’s bid to host the 35th America’s Cup and conclusion of the related Host Venue Agreement;
- ORACLE, Acted for Oracle the defender of the 35th America’s Cup, advising on bespoke arrangements given the unique nature of the client and the Regatta generally;
- HÖEGH LNG HOLDINGS LTD., Acting as Bermuda counsel to Höegh LNG Holdings Ltd. and its subsidiaries in connection with the formation of Höegh LNG Partners LP, a Marshall Islands limited partnership (MLP) and the MLP´s initial public offering of 11,040,000 common unit;
- INKIA ENERGY LIMITED, Providing Bermuda law legal advice to Inkia Energy Limited and IC Power Holdings (Kallpa) Limited in connection with a credit facility obtained by a Peruvian subsidiary of the companies with a matter value of USD 300,000,000.
Leeds University (England)
College of Law, London (England)