Recent examples of work include:
- Acting for Credit Suisse (Europe) Limited as Joint Lead Managers and Bookrunners in relation to the offer of £266,500,000 8% Senior Secured Fixed Rate Notes due 2020 and £150,000,000 Senior Secured Floating Rate Notes due 2019 by Hastings Insurance Group
- Acting for Credit Suisse (USA) LLC as Initial Purchaser in connection with the issue by Georgia Wordwide PLC of its €700,000,000 4.125% Senior Secured Notes due 2020, €850,000,000 4.750% Senior Secured Notes due 2023, US$600,000,000 5.625% Senior Secured Notes due 2020, US$1,500,000,000 6.250% Senior Secured Notes due 2022 and US$1,100,000,000 6.500% Senior Secured Notes due 2025
- Acting for Deutsche Bank AG London as lead arranger in connection with the BVI, Jersey and Mauritian aspects of the US$600,000,000 bond issue by Severn Energy together with further participations by Vitol SA, Ashmopre Group and a syndicate of African banks headed by FBN Capital
- Acting for Goldman Sachs International in relation to its c.€300 million financing of the acquisition of Telecable by Zegona
- Acting for HSBC Bank Plc, Project Trafford £1 billion financing of Cinven’s acquisition of CPA Global
- Acting for JP Morgan Securities Limited in connection with a tender offer for Macquarie Capital Funding L.P.’s £350,000,000 6.177% Guaranteed Non-cumulative Step-up Perpetual Preferred Securities
- Acting for Lone Star Real Estate Fund (IV) U.S. LLC in connection with the Jersey, Guernsey, BVI and IOM aspects of its £1 billion acquisition of 92 offshore companies from Aviva
- Acting for Oaktree Capital in connection with a portfolio of UK Hotels
- Acting for a real estate fund on its £2.3bn acquisition of a portfolio of non-performing loans.
Corporate, Banking & Asset Finance, Corporate Finance, Derivatives, Funds & Investment Services, Fund Finance, Islamic Finance, Listing Services, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Real Estate Finance, Structured Finance
“[James] is easy to deal with and quick at turning things around”.