Daniel Healy is an associate in Appleby’s Jersey office and a member of the corporate department. He specialises in all areas of offshore corporate and finance work with a particular emphasis on real estate finance, fund finance, Sharia compliant financings and corporate restructurings.
Daniel’s finance practice involves acting for lenders and sponsors; having acted for major UK and US financial institutions as well as a number of property developers and institutional borrowers.
Prior to joining Appleby, Daniel spent three years in the real estate finance team in the London office of Berwin Leighton Paisner. Here, Daniel gained extensive experience advising lenders and borrowers alike on all aspects of real estate finance with a focus of UK real estate held in offshore structures, including both investment and development and senior and mezzanine transactions. Daniel also undertook a secondment to an alternate debt investment team located in London during this time.
Daniel also acts on a number of corporate and regulatory matters, which include advising in relation to acquisitions as well as insurance business matters in Jersey. Daniel has acted on a number of court sanctioned schemes to transfer insurance business carried on in or from within Jersey.
Daniel previously worked in the banking and finance teams at a large national law firm in New Zealand and is admitted as a barrister and solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand.
Recent highlights include:
- Acting for the lender on subscription facilities, totalling over £300 million, made available to the third and fourth funds of a major investment firm
- Acting as lead counsel to OakNorth Bank plc on their first Jersey law financing
- Advising a major US financial institution on an over GBP 800 million facility arranged by it to enable the development of a central London site
- Advising a leading UK Bank in relation to a circa GBP 181 million term loan to subsidiaries of a large US real estate asset and portfolio manager, to finance the acquisition costs of a portfolio of over 320 properties throughout the UK
- Advising Phoenix Spree Deutscheland on its EUR 240 million refinancing with Natixis Pfandbriefbank AG
- Advising Ashby Capital on the Jersey aspects of various property acquisitions throughout the UK and related financings
- Advising syncreon on the Jersey elements of its USD 1.1 billion recapitalisation
- Acting for ADVANZ PHARMA, a global pharmaceutical company, on its recapitalisation transaction which reduced its debt by circa USD 2 billion
- Advising a major European bank on an up to GBP 400 million subscription facility made available to a leading European debt investment fund
- Advising AXA SA on its European cross border merger and internal restructuring which necessitated the need for a Jersey court sanctioned scheme to transfer the relevant Jersey insurance business
- Advising Equitix on the its part acquisition of Electricity North West
- Acting for the lenders on the debt restructuring and refinancing of a major international corporate service provider
- University of Canterbury (New Zealand)
- Institute of Professional Legal Studies (New Zealand)