The team have extensive experience structuring, negotiating and completing complex financing transactions on behalf of our clients, including companies seeking to borrow capital or issue securities and financial institutions and investment funds serving as lenders and purchasers. We advise on public offerings, public mergers and acquisitions debt and equity financings and private placements. Working closely with our Dispute Resolution team, we also provide advice to companies facing financial difficulties and those considering restructuring and/or refinancing their business. We have extensive knowledge of insolvency proceedings and the co-ordination with onshore proceedings such as Chapter 11 in US.
Our team advise domestic and international clients from a range of industry sectors, with particular emphasis on financial services, insurance, technology and telecommunications, oil and gas, and natural resources, retail and manufacturing. We have offices in ten highly regarded, well-regulated global locations, operating in nine and practicing the laws of eight jurisdictions. Our office locations include the key international jurisdictions of Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Mauritius, and the Seychelles, as well as the international financial centres of Hong Kong and Shanghai.
Our expert team provide advice on all aspects of the law including:
- Corporate restructurings (including reorganisation, separation and integration post M&A)
- Equity and debt capital markets transactions
- Joint ventures, including governance and shareholder/investor rights
- Listing companies on internationally recognised stock exchanges and on domestic stock exchanges in our jurisdictions
- MBOs and MBIs
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity transactions and investments
- Public and private offerings of equity and debt securities