The team is committed to delivering a highly professional and integrated service, coordinating the listing process, and supporting the issuer through their application. We also act as our client’s ongoing sponsor and assist them in meeting their continuing obligations as a listed issuer on the exchange.
We provide advice to public companies and their advisers whether they are issuers, sponsors, lead managers, shareholders or underwriters. We also work alongside other international law firms as part of a wider advisory network.
Appleby is a registered Listing Sponsor with The International Stock Exchange (TISE). Our team also advises on applications for a primary or secondary listing on the Cayman Islands Stock Exchange and Bermuda Stock Exchange.
Our listing sponsor services include:
- Advising on compliance with conditions to listing
- Preparing the formal letter of application and vetting of the prospectus to ensure
compliance with the relevant listing rules
- Submitting the prospectus to the listing committee
- Submitting issuer/director/sponsor undertakings
- Vetting and submitting all further documents required under the listing regulations
- Steering the application through the listing process and dealing with enquires from the TISE
Our ongoing sponsor services include:
- Acting as the issuer’s principal channel of communication with the stock exchange
- Ensuring the issuer complies with its continuing obligations under the relevant section of the listing rules (depending on the nature of the security listed)
- Responding quickly to all enquiries made by the stock exchange on behalf of the issuer
INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERINGS IN ASIA
The Hong Kong Capital Markets team is highly regarded for their extensive expertise in supporting offshore companies with IPOs, introductions, placements and listings of both equity and debt securities on the Hong Kong, US, Singapore and many other internationally recognised stock exchanges.
With 30 years of history in Asia the team is recognised as one of the leading offshore specialists in IPO and listing work in Hong Kong and overseas.
The offshore market continues to play a vital role in the listings market and the Cayman Islands remains the most popular place of incorporation for the holding company, followed by Bermuda and British Virgin Islands. With experts who specialise in Bermuda, Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands law, our team is therefore uniquely positioned to advise an expanding client base across the Asia Pacific region on their IPO and listings business.
Our team continues to see plenty of enquiries and instructions from the Asia region with a wide spectrum of industries aiming to get listed in Hong Kong, which include Hong Kong and Mainland Chinese companies as well as international companies with an Asian nexus. The highly experienced team are committed to providing the highest possible level of service, together with the pragmatic and insightful advice required to navigate increasingly heightened listing and regulatory requirements.
You can view our latest IPO transactions in Asia here.
“Appleby has significant traction in the region, particularly in relation to capital markets work, where it has a strong pedigree handling Hong Kong IPOs” Legal 500 2018