- Acting for Apex Group on its acquisition of fund administration software business Pacific Fund Systems.
- Acting for Horizon Capital on the Isle of Man aspects of its majority investment in fiduciary services business Boston Multi Family Office.
- Acting for Zurich International Life Limited on the sale of its closed book of long term life insurance business carried on by its Singapore branch to Monument Group.
- Acting as Isle of Man counsel to Quilter plc on the sale of its international life insurance business to Utmost.
- Advising an S&P500 real estate logistics trust on the sale of a logistics and warehouses portfolio.
- Acting for the multi-billion pound infrastructure, transport and real estate investment group The Peel Group on a range of corporate matters.
- Advising on the sale of an Isle of Man based captive insurance company.
- Acting as lead adviser to The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited on the transfer of the Isle of Man Bank deposit-taking, lending, investment and insurance intermediary business to RBSI, by way of court-sanctioned transfer scheme.
- Advising Santander on the transfer of its deposit-taking and mortgage businesses in the Isle of Man for ring-fencing purposes, pursuant to a court-sanctioned scheme.
- Acting for the Barclays group on the transfer of the business of Barclays Private Clients International Limited to Barclays Bank plc.
- Advising CVC and Blackstone in relation to Isle of Man aspects of its £3 billion acquisition of FTSE 250 company Paysafe plc.
He is rated in Legal 500 as a ‘Leading Individual’ for Corporate and Commercial and referred to as a “stand-out individual” and “recommended for his speed of response, accuracy and being good to work with”. He is ranked in IFLR1000 as Highly Regarded for financial services regulatory, restructuring and M&A.
Qualifications & Education
Juan is an Isle of Man Advocate, BVI Attorney and a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales (non-practising).
- College of Law, London (England)
- University of Nottingham (England)
“not afraid of challenging perceived orthodoxy in tricky areas”.