We advise on all aspects of trust law, including the establishment, administration, restructuring and termination of private, charitable, and commercial trusts and foundations. We act in a personal capacity as Protector, Enforcer and Director (of Private Trust Companies) for a number of discretionary trusts and are frequently instructed by blue-chip trust institutions.
As Private Client & Trust specialists our multi-jurisdictional team is committed to delivering the best outcomes for our clients.
For individuals, families and their advisers, we:
- Provide counsel on international estate planning needs
- Help with difficult decisions when administering trusts
- Assist in creating a family’s own trust company helping to build family unity, empower future generations, and bring efficiency to the administration of family trusts
- Act for trustees, beneficiaries, settlors and protectors on all manner of claims
For businesses, we:
- Provide advice on the formation and administration of trusts and foundations for private wealth purposes
- Offer advice on the formation and administration of commercial trusts and foundations, including those in connection with leasing and structured finance transactions
Our global presence enables us to provide comprehensive, multi-jurisdictional legal advice at the times most critical to our clients.
We operate in 10 highly regarded, and well-regulated, global locations. These include the key offshore jurisdictions of Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Mauritius, and the Seychelles, as well as the international financial centres of Hong Kong and Shanghai.
Wealth planning is an increasingly global matter and our Private Client and Trusts team are continually developing our services, to offer clients choice, flexibility and practical solutions. We advise clients on how to achieve the most effective solution to fit their objectives, including guiding them to the most suitable jurisdiction. The team also works closely with lawyers from our other practice areas, including Dispute Resolution for the contentious aspects of trust work.