Tim Swallow is an Associate in Appleby’s Cayman Islands office and sits within the Property and Corporate teams.
Prior to arriving in the Cayman Islands, Tim worked in the Birmingham HQ of listed UK law firm, Gateley Plc.
He has experience across a wide range of commercial property and real estate practice areas including sales and acquisitions, property investment transactions, leasing (acting for both tenants and landlords) and real estate financing. Tim has acted for London based investments funds, household name retailers, banks and professional asset management companies.
Tim is admitted as an Attorney in the Cayman Islands and as a solicitor to the Supreme Court of England and Wales (non-practising).
Tim has advised and worked on*:
- the acquisition of a multi asset portfolio of mixed use properties in London for circa GBP 16m together with the subsequent asset management and leasing work to bring the properties to full occupation;
- the refinance of a portfolio of over 20 properties by an investment fund with a value in excess of GBP 150m;
- the sale out of administration of a well-known UK retailer including the disposal of its leasehold property portfolio to an Irish based private equity firm;
- the acquisition and subsequent financing of a long leasehold interest in a leading mixed use leisure complex on the south coast of the UK;
- the leasehold management work for a UK cinema operator with sites across England.
* Includes transactions completed by the Tim prior to joining Appleby.
Legal Practice Course, College of Law, Birmingham
University of Leicester, BA (Hons) Economics & Law