Caljonah is a Senior Associate in the Private Client & Trust and Corporate teams of Appleby’s Bermuda office with notable experience in connection with trusts and investment funds.
Caljonah’s key areas of practice and in-depth experience include advising on all areas of non-contentious trust matters ranging from advising individuals, structures (including purpose trusts and unit trusts). She also advises on all non-contentious estate matters, including making applications for probate and reseal applications to the Supreme Court of Bermuda, and the drafting and review of estate planning documents such as trusts, wills, enduring powers of attorney and health care directives for local and international clients. Caljonah also assists in making applications under the charities act of Bermuda for organizations to be registered as charities.
Her practice also extends to general corporate matters and she has advised on corporate refinancing matters, advising both lenders and borrowers in cross jurisdictional transactions.
In addition, her practice also includes advising on all aspects relating to the structuring, formation and ongoing operations of investment funds.
Caljonah is listed as an “Associate to Watch” in the Chambers Global High Net Worth Guide 2022. She is also recognised by Legal 500 Caribbean as a “Rising Star” in the Trusts/Private Client category. She also contributes regularly to the ‘Legally Speaking’ column in the Bermuda Royal Gazette and has written and lectured on trust and estate planning topics, locally and internationally.
Caljonah is a Commissioner for Oaths and Notary Public in Bermuda, as well as a member of the Bermuda Bar Association and committee member of the Bermuda branch of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
- Cryptocurrencies and estate planning – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – November 2021
- Your will could expire after you marry again – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – October 2021
- Estate planning during Covid-19 – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – April 2020
- Trusts and issues around digital assets – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – May 2019
- Digital Assets in Bermuda – Trusts & Estates – April 2019
- The value of an Enduring Power of Attorney – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – October 2018
- Bermuda Private Trust Companies- Recent developments – Managers of Wealth – September 2018
- New legal framework for Bermuda charities – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – August 2018
- INTEGRAL ILS LTD., Advised Integral ILS Ltd., in connection with a significant cornerstone investment from alternative investment manager New Holland Capital (NHC), bringing secured commitments up to $600 million;
- AMERICA’S CUP EVENT AUTHORITY (BERMUDA) LTD., Provided ongoing charitable legal advice to the America’s Cup Event Authority (ACEA) in relation to the application of the Charities Act 2014, as it related to its affiliated charitable organization, known as “Endeavour Community Sailing”.
University of Kent (England)
College of Law, Birmingham (England)