Andrew Kuzma is Counsel in the Corporate department of Appleby’s Bermuda office. He practices in the areas of capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, private placements and corporate finance. He provides legal advice to industry leaders in a wide array of sectors such as telecommunications, energy, asset management, pharmaceuticals, shipping, banking and finance, insurance and private equity funds.
Andrew joined the firm in 2017. Prior to joining Appleby, Andrew articled and then practiced at a top tier Canadian law firm in Calgary, Alberta.
Andrew attended the College of Law at the University of Saskatchewan and obtained a juris doctor with distinction. He also earned a Bachelor of Commerce (with distinction) and a Bachelor of Arts (with distinction) at the University of Calgary.
Andrew is a member of the Law Society of Alberta (inactive).
- MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD., Advised Marvell, a leading producer of semiconductor technology and data infrastructure, in an agreement to acquire Inphi Corporation. Enterprise value of the deal USD 10 billion.
- INVESTMENT ENERGY RESOURCES LIMITED, Advised Investment Energy Resources Limited in connection with the refinancing of 100% of IERL´s current debt via the issuance of senior secured notes and entry into a syndicated secured bank loan facility. This transaction represented the largest green bond of a renewable energy company in Central America and the Caribbean;
- WORLDWIDE VISION LIMITED, Advising the Bermuda target company in connection with the acquisition by Blackstone of a majority stake in MagicLab, which builds and operates leading dating and social networking apps, including Bumble and Badoo;
- SOUTHERN CROSS CABLES LIMITED, Advised on the Southern Cross NEXT subsea cable project. Southern Cross NEXT will provide data connectivity between Sydney, Aukland, and Los Angeles and is scheduled for completion by January 2022;
- ATHENE HOLDING LTD, Advised on Athene Holding Ltd. (Athene)’s secondary offering of $793.8 million of shares. Appleby provided advice on submitting the SEC S-1 and opined and commented on the transaction documents;
- ORION MINE FINANCE, Advised Orion Mine Finance and Fusion Capital on the sale of Lynx Resources, the owner of the SASA zinc, lead and silver mine in the Republic of Macedonia, for USD 402.5m to Central Asia Metals (“CAML”);
- CROWN HOLDINGS, INC., Advised a global leader in consumer packaging, in connection with its acquisition of Signode Industrial Group Holdings (Bermuda) Ltd., a leading global provider of transit packaging systems and solutions, from The Carlyle Group, in a cash transaction valued at USD 3.91 billion subject to adjustment.
College of Law at the University of Saskatchewan
University of Calgary