We advise international individuals and their trustees’, family offices and other advisers, on all aspects of trusts and estates law including the establishment, administration restructuring and termination of private, charitable and commercial trusts and foundation structures. We may also act in a personal capacity as Protector, Enforcer and Director of Private Trust Companies and foundations in suitable cases.
Specifically, we assist our clients in the areas of:
- International asset holding structures to govern the control and succession of business and personal assets for high-net-worth families
- Private trust companies and private foundations
- Wills and estate planning
- Family trusts, succession of wealth and control
- Family constitutions/family governance
- Asset protection which includes trust planning and pre-nuptial and post nuptial agreements
- Philanthropic and charitable trusts and foundations.
In Cayman we have led the way advising on the establishment of various Foundation Companies since their introduction in 2017. This is a new and innovative corporate solution for private clients when planning for wealth and succession planning, philanthropy, as well as to hold intellectual property rights including blockchain technology and other commercial applications. Our Cayman and Bermuda teams have also been prominent in providing cryptocurrency and blockchain services and we are amongst one of the first firms to successfully establish and launch Initial Coin Offerings for our clients.
As a full service firm, we also provide a full suite of services to international private clients, advising on succession, estate planning and property transactions. We work closely with our corporate and real estate departments and also draw on the expertise of our colleagues in our Dispute Resolution team to deal with a wide range of issues when their expertise is required.