Jacob MacAdam is a Partner in the Corporate Finance, Private Equity and Regulatory practice groups at Appleby. Jacob has extensive experience in corporate finance, banking and finance, fund finance, joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and capital markets transactions. Jacob also has deep regulatory expertise, particularly in the banking and fiduciary space.
Jacob joined Appleby in 2011. Prior to that he worked as an associate at the London office of Gibson, Dunn and Crutcher in their corporate finance group. Prior to joining Gibson, Dunn and Crutcher, Jacob trained and qualified at Berwin Leighton Paisner.
Jacob is ranked as a ´notable practitioner´ and a ´recommended lawyer´ by IFLR1000. Jacob is also the author of the Legal 500 2018 M&A Country Comparative Guide (Cayman Islands Chapter).
Recent transactional highlights include:
- Advising Riverstone in connection with an initial public offering of the shares of Riverstone Energy Limited on the London Stock Exchange;
- Advising The Bank of N.T. Butterfield & Son Ltd in connection with the acquisition of HSBC’s Cayman Islands business;
- Advising a leading US private equity fund in connection with the structuring of an offshore private equity fund;
- Advising in connection with a listing of debt on the Cayman Islands Stock Exchange;
- Advising a leading US investment bank in connection with a subscription financing to a Cayman Islands based private equity fund; and
- Advising a Cayman Islands issuer in connection with the structuring and issue of a US$2billion Euro Medium Term Note Programme.
University of Exeter (England)
The College of Law (Guildford, England)