We are experts in the resolution of every type of commercial and civil dispute, whether through litigation or arbitration and alternative dispute resolution. Our team includes experienced advocates with rights of audience, who litigate at all levels of the court system. This includes the Privy Council; the final court of appeal for all eight of the jurisdictions where we practice. We also have significant experience in providing legal expertise to support disputes in other jurisdictions.
We operate in 10 highly regarded, and well-regulated, global locations. These include the key international jurisdictions of Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Mauritius, and the Seychelles, as well as the international financial centres of Hong Kong and Shanghai.
Often cases have a multi-jurisdictional element, which means that we can draw on the expertise of our colleagues around the globe and work together to provide the best result for clients.
Integrity and excellent client service are at the core of our business and we assert and defend our clients’ positions with vigor and efficiency.
With a specialist team of over 60 lawyers, we are able to handle the most complex matters quickly and effectively. We tailor our approach to meet our clients’ objectives whilst at the same time ensuring minimal disruption to their business.
Our Dispute Resolution services include:
- Arbitration and mediation
- Banking litigation
- Enforcement of foreign judgments and conflict of laws issues
- Employment & Immigration
- Family & personal disputes
- Fraud and asset-tracing
- Fund Disputes
- Injunctive remedies
- Insolvency & Restructuring
- Insurance/reinsurance disputes
- Intellectual property disputes
- Judicial review of administrative and regulatory action
- Litigation involving mutual funds and hedge funds
- Marine litigation, including protection and indemnity representation
- Regulatory Disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Telecommunications, e-commerce and software disputes
- Trust disputes