Our clients include some of the world’s leading investment banks, financial institutions, legal and accounting firms, trust companies, local governments, insurance companies and high net worth individuals, all of whom have an increasing interest in, and demand for, alternative methods and processes to resolve their disputes.
Over the past decade, there has been an increase in understanding of the benefits of ADR over court litigation. Arbitration in particular has become a popular method of resolving commercial disputes, with arbitration clauses increasingly found in commercial contracts, arbitration delivers binding and internationally enforceable decisions.
Our expert Arbitration and ADR team is familiar with all major arbitration conventions and rules, and also conduct ad-hoc arbitrations under rules of the parties’ own devising. This enables us to help our clients achieve cost-effective and commercial outcomes in resolving disputes independently of traditional forms of litigation.
Our global presence enables us to provide timely and comprehensive legal advice at the times most critical to our clients.
Our team are experienced in all aspects of arbitration and ADR, including:
- Routinely advising on the meaning and effect of dispute resolution clauses
- Drafting highly effective dispute resolution clauses tailored to the client’s specific needs
- Providing strategic advice and representation in all means of dispute resolution including mediation, expert determination, adjudication and early neutral evaluation
- Conduct of arbitration proceedings
- Legal proceedings in aid of foreign and local arbitrations
- Enforcement of arbitral awards