We provide advice to major banks and financial institutions, ship and aircraft owners, lessors, and lessees and have deep and trusted relationships with numerous international law firms, shipping groups and financial institutions around the world.
We have offices in ten highly regarded, well-regulated global locations, operating in nine and practising the laws of eight jurisdictions. Our office locations include the key international jurisdictions of Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Mauritius, and the Seychelles, as well as the international financial centres of Hong Kong and Shanghai.
The team have extensive experience in advising in all aspects of the law, including:
- Syndicated letter-of-credit facilities in support of insurance/reinsurance and capital market liability
- Onshore lending secured by a portfolio of securities offshore with or without custodial obligations
- Trade finance
- Reviewing facility and security documentation
- Financing power projects in Asia, Africa and Latin America; telecommunications ventures in South America; and oil and gas projects in a number of countries
Ship & Aircraft Registration and Finance
- Loan credit facility agreements and security documentation
- High-yield debt offerings
- Syndicated (secured) loan transactions
- Off-balance-sheet structures
- Lease agreements
- Asset securitisation structures and Islamic financing structures
- Financing for the sale and acquisition of vessels
- Registration of ships and aircraft across specified international jurisdictions
- Public equity offerings
- Joint venture structures
- Operating and finance lease structures
- Financing of aircraft acquisitions
Asset Backed Finance
- Acting for lenders and borrowers
- Advising in connection with the formation of special purpose vehicles (SPVs) and various security, priority/subordination agreements
Project & Infrastructure Finance
- Finance and structuring of major energy and infrastructure projects, including power projects, telecommunications ventures and oil and gas projects
- Joint venture structures
T +852 6201 3662
E Email David
T +230 203 4301
E Email Malcolm
Alexandra Dernie (née Watterson)
T +44 (0)1624 647 972
E Email Alexandra
''To dare and to care'' - The Mauritian National Budget 2023-2024
On 02 June 2023, the Minister of Finance, Economic Planning and Development (Minister of Finance) ta...
New CIMA rule and statement of guidance on reinsurance arrangements
CIMA published yesterday (31 May) a revised rule and guidance addressed to (re)insurers licensed by ...
Appleby counsel Katherine Garrood has been shortlisted in this year’s Citywealth Future Leaders Awards
Appleby counsel Katherine Garrood has been shortlisted in this year’s Citywealth Future Leaders Aw...
Appleby advises Pegasus Digital Mobility Acquisition Corp. on its entry into a business combination with the Schmid Group
Appleby is advising NYSE-listed Pegasus Digital Mobility Acquisition Corp. (“Pegasus”), a specia...
Appleby Platinum sponsor of the Fund Finance Association Global Leadership Summit
Appleby is proud to be a Platinum Sponsor of the Fund Finance Association Global Leadership Summit w...
Appleby welcomes back Eason Huang to further strengthen its Investment Funds practice in Asia
This appointment is the third high profile partner hire into the team in the past two years.
Appleby announces UNESCO Biosphere Isle of Man partnership
Appleby are delighted to announce that they are now a UNESCO Biosphere Isle of Man partner.
Appleby Bermuda advise Arbol on the launch of its collateralized insurer, Arbol Re Ltd.
Appleby advised Arbol, a technology-led underwriter of parametric risk transfer, climate and weather...
Appleby have acted as Isle of Man legal adviser to LXi REIT plc on its recent £773 million debt refinancing
LXi REIT plc is a UK based specialist inflation-protected long income real estate investment trust l...
Appleby advises Black Spade Acquisition Co on its proposed merger with VinFast
This will be the largest US listing by a company from Vietnam.