Garry Manley is a partner in our Isle of Man office who advises on a broad range of Isle of Man and BVI corporate transactions.
Garry has extensive experience of advising on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, venture capital and private equity investments, international securities offerings, corporate restructurings and corporate governance issues. His clients include onshore law firms, international financial institutions, investment funds and listed and private companies.
He received a First Class law degree from Oxford University, where he was awarded the Quadrant Chambers Prize for the best performance in International Trade and the Book Prize for the best performance at University College. Before joining Appleby he practised for almost a decade as an English lawyer in the London, Hong Kong and New York offices of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP.
In the most recent edition of Legal 500 UK, Garry is described as “an outstanding corporate lawyer” who “knows how to get a deal done”.
Garry is a solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales, an Isle of Man advocate and a solicitor in the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands).
Recent examples of Garry’s representative work include:
- Advising SBTech (Global) Limited on its $3.3 billion three-way merger with DraftKings Inc. and Diamond Eagle Acquisition Corp.
- Advising STX Entertainment on its merger-of-equals with Eros International (the first example of an Isle of Man company issuing contingent value rights).
- Advising the second Basalt Infrastructure Partners fund on its recommended takeover of AIM-listed Manx Telecom plc for approximately £255.9 million.
- Advising KKR & Co. on its acquisition of Prometic Bioseparations Ltd from Liminal BioSciences Inc.
- Advising Thomas Miller Investment (Isle of Man) Limited on the sale of its offshore private client investment management business to Canaccord Genuity Wealth Management.
Oxford University (University College)
Corporate, Banking & Asset Finance, Corporate Finance, Derivatives, Funds & Investment Services, Fund Governance, Listing Services, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Structured Finance, Insurance & Reinsurance, Regulatory Advice