Georgina Pullinger is Counsel within the Corporate practice group. Her practice areas include subscription finance, corporate finance and general corporate and commercial matters. Georgina specialises in finance transactions, with a particular focus on fund finance, and regularly advises leading financial institutions on lending transactions, deal structures and on all types of secured transactions. She also has significant experience of general corporate and commercial matters, including restructurings and M&A transactions.
Prior to joining Appleby in 2014, Georgina was an associate with Norton Rose Fulbright LLP in both London and Perth, Australia. In 2011, Georgina undertook a six-month secondment at Citibank, London, as a legal adviser to the bank’s export agency and trade finance teams.
Recent highlights include:
- Regularly advising leading financial institutions on subscription finance facilities with private equity borrowers.
- Representing Ethoca, a global provider of technology solutions, in its acquisition by Mastercard.
- Advising Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board in relation to its acquisition of the majority stake in Forth Ports Limited, one of the UK’s largest port groups.
- Acting for Certares LP as lead investor in an investor group (including Blackrock and Macquarie Capital) in connection with a joint venture with American Express involving the separation of American Express’ global business travel division and investment of US$900 million in the business by the investor group.
- Advising Fosun International on the successful US$2 billion acquisition of Ironshore insurance.
- Acting for JPMorgan Chase & Co in connection with the sale of its Global Special Opportunities Group Investment Portfolio to Sankaty Advisers LLC, comprising approximately US$1.3 billion of loans and securities.
- Acting for Deutsche Bank AG, London as representative of note purchasers in connection with the issue by the Viridian group of companies of €313,000,000 euro-denominated senior secured notes and $250,000,000 dollar denominated senior secured notes.