As a financial services law firm, our global team has an extensive range of expertise and provides comprehensive, practical and commercially minded legal advice on all matters related to banking, international real estate, asset, project and other financing matters. The sector currently faces a rapidly changing landscape driven by a number of regulatory and economic factors including UK ring-fencing requirements, capital efficacy and repatriation, group consolidation and de-risking, Brexit contingency planning and third-party sales. Our team of financial services lawyers are perfectly positioned to assist with these challenges.
Banking and financial services businesses also find themselves under scrutiny like never before from the general public, the media, politicians and their own clients, putting an increased focus on governance, risk and accountability, tax, executive compensation and capital requirements. Our offices provide easy access for financial institutions looking to conduct transactions with international entities and receive expert multijurisdictional advice from experienced financial services lawyers.
Indeed, our global presence as a financial services law firm enables us to provide timely and comprehensive legal advice at the times most critical to our clients.
Appleby’s financial services lawyers regularly provide advice and opinion to our clients on:
Our highly regarded global banking practice is regularly instructed on a range of banking and financial services work, whether acting as lead lawyers on a transaction or as offshore counsel.
- Syndicated and non-syndicated loan and credit facilities and security documentation
- Onshore lending secured by offshore securities
- Asset and income stream securitisation structures
- Trade finance
Asset Backed Finance
Banking and asset finance lawyers at Appleby routinely advise banks and financial institutions, ship and aircraft owners, lessors and lessees on a range of asset-related transactional matters.
- Loan agreements and security documents
- Formation of SPVs and security, priority, subordination and inter-creditor agreements
- Sale, acquisition and financing of vessels and aircraft
- Registration of ships and aircraft across specified international jurisdictions
- Off balance sheet structures
- Operating and finance lease structures
Subscription Credit Facilities
Appleby has strong expertise and experience in advising on subscription credit facilities, also known as capital call facilities. The firm represents a wide range of clients in a broad spectrum of transactions.
- Multiple fund structures
- Legal entities as borrowers and guarantors
- Multi-currency facilities and multiple loan tranches with varying levels of collateral
International Real Estate Finance
Our dedicated team of banking and finance lawyers have experience in providing bespoke and innovative real estate solutions for a wide variety of international property transactions.
- Loan and credit facilities and security documentation
- Advice on priority, subordination and inter-creditor agreements
- Sales and acquisitions and the financing of international real estate transactions