Our team has an extensive range of expertise and provide comprehensive, practical and commercially minded legal advice on all matters related to banking, international real estate, asset, project and other financing matters. The sector currently faces a rapidly changing landscape driven by a number of regulatory and economic factors including UK ring-fencing requirements, capital efficacy and repatriation, group consolidation and de-risking, Brexit contingency planning and third party sales.
Banking & Financial Services businesses find themselves under scrutiny like never before from the general public, the media, politicians and their own clients, putting an increased focus on governance, risk and accountability, tax, executive compensation and capital requirements. Our offices provide easy access for financial institutions looking to conduct transactions with international entities and receive expert multi-jurisdictional advice.
Our global presence enables us to provide timely and comprehensive legal advice at the times most critical to our clients.
We regularly provide advice and opinion to our clients on:
- Syndicated and non-syndicated loan and credit facilities and security documentation
- Onshore lending secured by offshore securities
- Asset and income stream securitisation structures
- Trade finance
Asset Backed Finance
- Loan agreements and security documents
- Formation of SPVs and security, priority, subordination and inter-creditor agreements
- Sale, acquisition and financing of vessels and aircraft
- Registration of ships and aircraft across specified international jurisdictions
- Off balance sheet structures
- Operating and finance lease structures
Subscription Credit Facilities
- Subscription credit facilities
- Multiple fund structures, legal entities as borrowers and guarantors, multi-currency facilities and multiple loan tranches with varying levels of collateral
International Real Estate Finance
- Loan and credit facilities and security documentation
- Advice on priority, subordination and inter-creditor agreements
- Sales and acquisitions and the financing of international real estate transactions