Sam Riihiluoma is a Senior Associate in Appleby’s Dispute Resolution department. He has developed an expertise and achieved notable successes in a number of areas of civil and commercial litigation. Sam regularly advises and represents liquidators in winding up proceedings of Bermuda companies for liquidation as well as restructuring purposes. He also has a proven track record in regulatory matters, contractual disputes, and professional liability claims. His depth of knowledge and analytical skills render him well-equipped to give sound advice on the substantive merits and procedural aspects of any claim or defence. Sam is co-author of the Bermuda Chapter in ‘Litigation & Dispute Resolution’, 6th Edition, Global Legal Insights.
Sam is recommended in the Dispute Resolution category by Legal 500 Caribbean.
- Americas Restructuring Review 2021 – Global Restructuring Review – December 2020
- The Insolvency Review, Eighth Edition – The Law Reviews – December 2020
- Americas Restructuring Review 2020 – Global Restructuring Review – December 2019
- The Insolvency Review, Seventh Edition – The Law Reviews – December 2019
- FLOATEL INTERNATIONAL LIMITED, Advised Floatel International Limited and it subsidiaries (the Group) on its successful, fully comprehensive balance sheet restructuring. The Floatel Group is renowned for providing offshore accommodation and support vessels;
- TITAN PETROCHEMICALS GROUP. Advised and represented a creditor of Titan¸ a Hong Kong listed company, with a convertible bond debt of HK$96.6 million in a rare Bermuda contested winding up petition.
Queen’s University (Canada) (BA Art History)
King’s College London (England) (LLB)
The College of Law (England) (LPC)