- SELECTIVE INSURANCE, Appleby acted as Bermuda counsel to Selective Insurance in relation to securing $325m in reinsurance from debut cat bond;
- BMS GROUP, Appleby acted as Bermuda counsel to BMS Group in connection with its £355 million investment from Eurazeo, a French private equity and venture capital firm listed on Euronext Paris with more than €35 billion in assets under management;
- SWISS RE, Appleby Bermuda advised Swiss Re in its USD1.15bn innovative transaction combining bank financing and insurance-linked securities, a first of its kind deal set to provide Swiss Re with multi-year reinsurance and retrocessional protection.
Qualifications & Education
Melinda completed the Masters of Law (Hons), Legal Practice Course (Distinction) and the Graduate Degree in Law (Commendation) at BPP University of Law School London. Prior to completing her legal qualifications she acquired a BA in business from American InterContinental University (Hons) and a MBA (Hons) in accounting and finance from Devry University/Keller Graduate School. She was called to the Bermuda Bar in September 2017.
- BPP University of Law School (London England)
- DeVry University/Keller Graduate School of Management (USA)
- American InterContinental University (USA)
- Law Training Centre (Kent, England)