- Appearing with Leading Counsel, Junior Counsel and Sebastian Said in the team’s successful application to have a high-profile USD $500m claim dismissed without trial, with costs.
- Re The Port Fund LP: defending two significant USD $60m claims involving the Fund (a Cayman Islands Exempted Limited Partnership). Appeared with Ben Hubble KC and Sebastian Said in a successful application for an abuse of process strike-out, or a case management stay, of the second claim brought by a limited partner on behalf of the Fund.
- Aquapoint L.P. (in Official Liquidation): advising and representing the Joint Official Liquidators of the Fund, which holds shares in a NASDAQ listed company valued at around USD $600 million.
- Ennismore v Fenris: supporting Peter McMaster KC in successfully representing a London-based fund manager in an appeal to the Privy Council of a substantial award made on an inquiry into damages.
- Britannia / DART: advising and representing two Dart companies in relation to the Cayman Islands’ largest property dispute, which is presently on appeal to the Privy Council.
- Advising blue-chip clients and leading onshore counsel in respect of various issues involving Cayman Islands based private equity funds, typically structured as Exempted Limited Partnerships.
- Successfully defending the Falkland Islands Government in a contractual interpretation and copyright infringement claim brought in the Supreme Court of the Falkland Islands, as well as on appeal to the Court of Appeal of the Falkland Islands.*
- Successfully defending a Scottish based oil and gas exploration and development company in a contractual interpretation claim brought in the Commercial Court of the English High Court.*
- Advising a Scottish premium whisky company in a high value distribution agreement dispute involving parallel proceedings in the Scottish Court of Session and in Ecuador.*
*Prior to joining Appleby.
- “NextGen of the Year” at the Cayman Islands Recovery and Insolvency Specialists Association (RISA) Awards – December 2023.
Qualifications & Education
- University of Strathclyde (LLB in Law (First Class Honours))
- Glasgow Graduate School of Law (Diploma in Legal Practice)
- INSOL International – Introductory Certificate in Insolvency Law and Practice in the Cayman Islands (with Distinction)