Mergers & Acquisitions:
- HKD233 million sale and disposal of more than 20% of shares of a PRC real estate agent with shares listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange to one of the world’s leading property developers.
- Burke Porter Group, Ltd. (leading global provider of automated diagnostic, testing and production solutions serving life science)’s sale by Cel Global Investment Fund, L.P. to AEA Investors.
- China Post’s approximately USD128 million investment in Ule Holdings Limited though China Post’s subsidiary Telpo Philatelic Company Limited.
- GIC’s joint USD1 billion investment in Envision Energy International, one of the world’s largest net-zero investments.
- Allied Gold Corp’s USD80 million acquisition of 85% interest of Endeavour Mining’s non-core Agbaou Mine in Cote d’lvoire through acquisition of shares of ENDEAVOUR RESOURCES INC.
- TECNON (FUJIAN) COMMERCIAL LIGHTING CO., LTD.’s approximate RMB758 million acquisition of Quanxinke Electronics Technology, Upkeen Global Investments Limited and Fast Achieve Ventures Limited, which jointly hold all equity interest of Upstar Technology and SCE.
- A conglomerate’s HKD1.5 billion acquisition of a high-end Hong Kong supermarket chain in Hong Kong.
- China Baofeng (International) Limited’s privatisation by way of a scheme of arrangement under the Cayman Companies Act, for cash consideration of HKD540 million.
- Global Logistic Properties Limited’s establishment of a strategic investment partnership with China Merchants Group by acquiring a 50 percent stake in its private equity investment vehicle, China Merchants Capital, to co-manage assets that worth RMB270 billion.
- A global real assets fund manager’s RMB 2.56 billion disposal of Beijing Jingtong Roosevelt Plaza to Link Asset Management Limited, the manager of Hong Kong’s Link Real Estate Investment Trust.
- CVC Capital Partners’ HKD2 billion subscription of 25% stake of RKE International Holdings Limited, a leading toll road operator in China holding a portfolio of five expressways spanning 340km.
- Rajax Holding (food delivery business operating under the “ele.me” brand)’s reverse triangular merger with Xiaodu Life Technology Ltd, a majority-owned subsidiary of Baidu Inc., with USD280 million cash and equity consideration, and subsequent transfer of all its shares (with valuation of USD9.5 billion)to Ali Panini Group Holdings Limited, an affiliate of Alibaba Group Holdings Limited, by way of Approved Sale. This transaction won the ALB China Awards – M&A Deal of the Year (Premium).
- Global offering and listing of Seacon Shipping Group Holdings Limited, an integrated shipping services provider headquartered in the PRC, providing comprehensive shipping solutions to customers along the value chain of the maritime shipping industry, providing ship management and shipping services to customers in the shipping industry such as shipowners, ship operators and financial institutions, on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with net proceeds of approximately HKD386.8 million.
- Global offering and listing of China Graphite Group Limited, a graphite concentrate and spherical graphite producer in China, on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with net proceeds of approximately HKD89.9 million.
- Global offering and listing of Mega Genomics Limited, a leading genetic testing platform company in China with a focus on consumer genetic testing and cancer screening services, on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with net proceeds of approximately HKD190.1 million.
- Listing of Shenzhen YHLO Biotech Co., Ltd., a leading company of immunoassay solutions in China, on the STAR Market of the Shanghai Stock Exchange with proceeds of approximately RMB 606.8 million.
- Global offering and listing of Cheshi Holdings Limited, an online automobile new media platform in China, on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with net proceeds of approximately HKD113.9 million.
- Listing of Haina Intelligent Equipment International Holdings Limited, a manufacturer engaging in the design and production of automated machines for manufacturing disposable hygiene products, on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with net proceeds of approximately HKD96.9 million.
- Global offering and listing of China Tianbao Group Development Company Limited, the largest private construction company in Zhuozhou, Hebei Province, in terms of construction contracting revenue, on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with net proceeds of approximately HKD456.1 million.
- Issuance and registration by China Everbright Greentech Limited, a professional environmental protection service provider, in the National Association of Financial Market Institutional Investors (中国银行间市场交易商协会) of up to five-year term Medium-term Notes with a total registered issue size of up to RMB3.5 billion.
- Global offering and listing of Shenwan Hongyuan Group Co., Ltd., a leading investment holding group focused on securities businesses in China, on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with net proceeds of approximately HKD9.24 billion.
- Global offering and listing of Shandong Gold Mining Co., Ltd., is the largest among the gold producers listed in the PRC and/or Hong Kong that operate in China, on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with net proceeds of approximately HKD5.2 billion.
- A technology company providing corporate payment solutions, in its USD7.4 million series A equity investment by certain institutional investors.
- A software developer’s USD2.1 million series SAFE equity investment by a series of institutional investors and USD3 million series Seed equity investment by the investment vehicle of a world leader in digital entertainment and gamification.
- A world’s leading total sourcing management solution provider’s USD10 million series A strategic investment by one of Asia’s largest private alternative investment firms.
- ZOLA ELECTRIC LTD, a leading power and energy group, on its USD90 million fund raising.
- ABM Group’s issuance of preferred shares to Asia Chrono Enterprises (S) Pte. Ltd. and Apex Loyal Limited.
- QTC Care Corporation Ltd.’s USD5 million series A financing with the investment led by Tencent, and followed by several other top investors in China.
- USD30.6 million allotment by a Silicon Valley based frontrunner in autonomous driving technology company of series A-3 preferred shares and issuance of warrant to a Chinese transportation company and other investors.
- The Carlyle Group’s subscription of series C preference shares issued by Ant International Co., Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ant Small and Micro Financial Services Group Co., Ltd., as part of its USD14 billion equity financing. This transaction won the Asia Legal Awards – Private Equity Deal of the Year and China Business Law Journal – Deal of the Year.
- “Offshore Client Choice List” – Asian Legal Business 2020–23
– one of the region’s 10 most notable offshore lawyers
- “Notable Practitioner” – IFLR 1000 2019–23
- “Top 40 under 40” – Asian Legal Business 2019
– highlighting “outstanding legal professionals in the region”
- “Very impressive” “key equity capital markets practitioner” who “handles a significant amount of M&A mandates” with “ability to provide timely and practical Cayman law advice” – Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- “A tremendous asset to have on transactions… very responsive, on-the-ball, with a sharp commercial acumen.” – Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- “While Cayman law advices generally are commoditised in terms on Hong Kong capital markets, Vincent distinguishes himself in his professionalism, responsiveness and also the commerciality of his advice. He is also a very hands-on partner and we can usually expect matters that require his attention to be responded very promptly and efficiently.” – Legal 500 Asia Pacific
Coverage & Insights
Vincent regularly speaks at seminars at LexOmnibus, Academy & Finance, Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce, the Association of Corporate Counsel, Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Professional Development Resources Centre, as well as for international and local law firms.
In addition, Vincent’s writings have been featured in publications such as The Journal of the Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries and HKGCC Bulletin.
Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) (Actuarial Studies) – The University of Melbourne (Australia)
- Bachelor of Laws – The University of Melbourne (Australia)
- Master of Laws (Legal Practice) (Merit) – The Australian National University
- Diploma in International Trust Management (Distinction) – STEP
- Advanced Certificate in Family Business Advising (Distinction) – STEP
- Advanced Certificate in Trust Disputes – STEP
- Advanced Certificate in UK Tax for International Clients – STEP
Memberships & Associations
Vincent has been a full member of The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) since 2013, and is currently on the STEP HK branch executive committee.
“VERY IMPRESSIVE KEY EQUITY CAPITAL MARKETS PRACTITIONER [WHO] ALSO HANDLES A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF M&A MANDATES [, WITH] ABILITY TO PROVIDE TIMELY AND PRACTICAL CAYMAN LAW ADVICE.”