- Appleby Bermuda advised in connection with the $13.3 billion take-private acquisition of Bermuda-based Triton International Limited (Triton) by Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P (BIP) through BIP’s subsidiary Brookfield Infrastructure Corporation (BIPC) and its institutional partners (Brookfield Infrastructure);
- IN THE MATTER OF JARDINE STRATEGIC HOLDINGS LTD Acting as Bermuda counsel for the Company in extensive ongoing shareholder fair value appraisal litigation pursuant to section 106 of the Companies Act brought by more than 80 plaintiffs (including numerous event driven hedge funds);
- IN THE MATTER OF MYOVANT SCIENCES LTD Acting as Bermuda Counsel for the Company in shareholder fair value appraisal litigation pursuant to section 106 of the Companies Act;
- TRANSVERSE Acted as Bermuda counsel to Transverse Insurance Group in their partnership with AmRisc LLC, a subsidiary of Truist Insurance Holdings and the largest catastrophe-focused property MGA in the United States.
Khiyara is recommended by Legal 500 Caribbean in the Dispute Resolution category. Clients describe Khiyara as: “on top of all the details and supremely reliable, notwithstanding clearly a very heavy workload.”
Coverage & Insights
- Bermuda: An Introduction to Dispute Resolution in 2024 – Chambers and Partners – February 2024
- Bermuda: An Introduction to Dispute Resolution – Chambers and Partners – February 2023
- A Bermuda perspective: Conflict of laws in multi jurisdictional (re)insurance disputes – Corporate Live Wire, Litigation & Dispute Resolution – Expert Guide, October 2021
Qualifications & Education
Khiyara has a Bachelor of Social Sciences and LLB degree from the University of Cape Town and a LLM degree from Cornell University. Khiyara is an admitted member of the High Court of South Africa and the New York State Bar Association.
- University of Cape Town
- Cornell University