Arielle DeSilva is an Associate in the corporate department of Appleby’s Bermuda office.
Arielle joined Appleby in September 2020 as a trainee in the corporate department where she gained experience with the funds and investment services team, fund finance team and regulatory team. Arielle was called to the Bermuda Bar in November 2021.
Arielle has acted in connection with the establishment and development of multiple fund structures, including both standalone and master/feeder fund structures, with a particular emphasis on those investing in insurance linked securities.
Arielle regularly assists on multi-jurisdictional fund finance transactions, including advising on related matters of company law, partnership law and the grant and appropriate registration of security. Additionally, Arielle has gained regulatory experience, with a focus on the areas of Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing.
Arielle completed both the Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course at BPP University in London. Prior to completing her legal qualifications, Arielle obtained a Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Drama and Theatre studies from the University of Kent.
- Acquisition agreements during Covid-19 – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – February 2021
- INTEGRAL ILS LTD., Appleby acted as Bermuda counsel to Integral ILS in relation to its USD 1.4 billion in total investor commitments;
- Acted for the UK’s largest special motor insurer and Lloyds’s underwriter ERS Insurance (now rebranded IQUW) in developing a significant presence in Bermuda including the establishment of a Class 3B reinsurer.
- NANOROCK FUND LTD., Provided full service Bermuda law advice regarding the formation and launch of the Nanorock fund including under Bermuda’s insurance and investment fund regulatory regimes;
- GASLOG LTD., Acting as Bermuda counsel to the Special Committee of Gaslog Ltd. in relation to its entry into an agreement and plan of merger, resulting in the sale of common shares to BlackRock’s Global Energy & Power Infrastructure team;
- INTEGRAL ILS LTD., Advised Integral ILS Ltd., in connection with a significant cornerstone investment from alternative investment manager New Holland Capital (NHC), bringing secured commitments up to $600 million.
University of Kent (Canterbury, UK)
BPP University (London Waterloo, UK)
BPP University (London Holborn, UK)