Recent highlights include:
- Playing a lead role in the team that acted as lead counsel on the transfer of Utmost Limited’s entire book of long-term business to Utmost International Isle of Man Limited. The transfer involved a court-sanctioned scheme of transfer in the Isle of Man, which was supplemented by schemes of transfer in Jersey and Guernsey.
- Playing a lead role in the team that acted as lead counsel to Monument Re Limited on the transfer of the entire insurance business of its Guernsey subsidiary, Nordben Life and Pension Insurance Co. Limited, to its Isle of Man subsidiary, Monument International Life Assurance Company Limited. The transfer involved court-sanctioned schemes of transfer in Guernsey and the Isle of Man.
- Advising Monument Re Limited on its acquisition of Charles Taylor Group’s Isle of Man operations, including LCL International Life Assurance Company Limited.
- Advising on the sale of an Isle of Man based captive insurance company.
- Advising on the Isle of Man aspects of the sale, by Lloyds Banking Group, of its offshore Isle of Man insurance operations.
- Advising on the provision, by a leading international bank, of loan facilities to local authorities, involving complex public law considerations.
Michelle is identified in Legal 500 UK 2024 as being a “rising star” in the “Insurance and Pensions” practice area, with previous Legal 500 UK editions describing Michelle as “highly responsive, providing sensible and practical advice”.
Qualifications & Education
- College of Law (Chester, England)
- University of Hull (England)
“Michelle Brook consistently delivers a very polished and professional service.”
“Michelle Brook – highly responsive, providing sensible and practical advice.”
“Garry Manley and Michelle Brook both have excellent people skills and their approach is calm and considered. They are experienced and highlight where the other’s experience may be beneficial to a situation under discussion.”