Michelle Brook is Counsel within the Corporate department in the Isle of Man, having joined Appleby in 2002. She has experience in a broad range of matters arising in the corporate finance, banking and asset finance, insurance and financial services regulation sectors.
Michelle acts for many international financial institutions, law firms, insurance companies and corporate service providers, advising on a full range of the key and complex legal issues that affect both their own businesses and those of their clients. She has previously undertaken a secondment to a leading international bank.
Michelle is identified in Legal 500 UK 2019 as being a “rising star” in the “Corporate and Commercial” practice area and for consistently delivering “a very polished and professional service”. She is also noted in the “insurance” practice area for being “helpful, responsive and easy to work with”.
Recent transactions include advising on the Isle of Man aspects of:
- The acquisition, by Aviva plc, of the Friends Life group of companies.
- The sale, by Lloyds Banking Group, of its offshore Isle of Man insurance operations.
- The cessation of the licenced business of Britannia International Limited on the Isle of Man.
- The provision, by a leading international bank, of loan facilities to local authorities, involving complex public law considerations.
- The restructuring of the financing arrangements of the Steam Packet Group.
College of Law (Chester, England)
University of Hull (England)
“Michelle Brook consistently delivers a very polished and professional service.”