Connie Wu is a Legal Executive in Appleby’s Hong Kong office and a member of the corporate department. Her practice focuses primarily on commercial and corporate finance, including advising on initial public offering, and other general corporate and commercial matters.
Connie joined Appleby in July 2017, prior to which she worked in the corporate finance practice group for a local law firm in Hong Kong, specialising in initial public offering, mergers and acquisitions, and other general corporate and commercial matters.
Connie is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Recent deals include acting as:
- Cayman counsel for E-Star Commercial Management Company Limited in relation to its listing by way of global offering on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with gross proceeds of approximately HKD1,042.8 million.
- Cayman and BVI counsel for Times China Holdings Limited on the issuance of US$350 million 5.75% senior notes due 2027. The net proceeds from the notes issuance will be used to refinance certain of it’s existing indebtedness.
- Cayman counsel for Times Neighborhood Holdings Limited in relation to its listing by way of global offering on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with gross proceeds of approximately HKD833 million.
- Cayman counsel for AMTD Group Company Limited in relation to its initial public offering of 23,873,655 American depositary shares representing 23,873,655 Class A ordinary shares of the Company. The Company was listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol ‘‘HKIB” with the gross proceed of approximately US$200 million.
- BVI counsel to Xinyi Energy Holdings Limited in relation to its global offering and listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange by way of spin-off. The value of this transaction was approximately HKD 3,895 million.
- Bermuda counsel to China Everbright Water Limited in relation to its listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKSE), which is the eighth company within the China Everbright group to be listed on the HKSE. Upon listing on the HKSE, China Everbright Water Limited will be dual listed on the HKSE and the Singapore Exchange.
- Corporate Finance