Alexandra joined Appleby in 2011 as a trainee and was commissioned as an Isle of Man Advocate in 2013 after a two year period of articles and passing the Manx Bar Exams.
Alexandra practices in corporate, aviation and commercial property law. Within the realm of corporate law, Alexandra assists with a diverse range of matters, including mergers and acquisitions, legal due diligence, banking and asset finance transactions and multi-jurisdictional corporate restructuring.
Alexandra co-wrote the Isle of Man chapter of Aircraft Finance Online, published by Thomson Reuters in 2018.
Legal 500 UK 2019 ranked Alexandra as a ‘Rising Star’ lawyer in Commercial Property and was commended for being ‘very knowledgeable’, ‘approachable’ and ‘easy to deal with’.
Recent highlights have included:
- Acting for a member of the Sports Direct Group, in the purchase of a shopping centre in the Isle of Man. This involved assisting with the purchase of a property in the Isle of Man and assisting and advising on lease surrenders, implied tenancies, landlord and tenant rights in the Isle of Man, and enforcement under a lease and short term licences.
- Acting for Manx Telecom PLC in connection with its recent flotation on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange raising £156m
- Acting as Isle of Man counsel to private equity firm Vitruvian Partners in relation to its agreement to provide funding to support a management-led buyout of Royal London 360°
- Acting as Isle of Man counsel to American firm, Triumph Group, Inc., in their acquisition of GE Aviation Systems Iloman Limited, a prominent company in the Isle of Man that designs and manufactures aviation equipment
- Acting for Cahill Gordon and Reindel LLP, a New York based law firm who represented lenders in relation to a total loan of £2.9 billion to Amaya Gaming Group Inc and its related companies to assist with its purchase of the Pokerstars Group which sold for £4.9 billion
- Acting for a banking group in a re-financing deal that secured various high value properties in the Isle of Man.
College of Law, Chester (England)
University of Leicester (England)