Cissy Chan is a senior legal assistant in the Hong Kong office. She joined Appleby in 2001 and was promoted to Senior Legal Assistant in 2014.
Cissy advises major banks, financial institutions and law firms on three jurisdictions (Bermuda, British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands law) in connection with bi-lateral and syndicated loan transactions.
Her scope of work includes company search information, providing legal opinions, registration/ deregistration of charges at the Registrar of Companies/ Registrar of Corporate Affairs in Bermuda, British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands, advising on security perfection requirements, etc.
E X P E R T I S E :
Some of Cissy’s recent cases include:
- BVI companies guaranteeing Medium-Term Note Programme for Thailand companies
- Bermuda listed companies on property development projects with MTR Corporation Limtied
- Cayman Islands company on notes issuance under the Medium-Term Note Programme
- PRC Banks on certain construction and property development projects;
- BVI Companies on land development/usage projects with Hong Kong Government
- HK Banks on construction of residential development projects in Hong Kong by offshore companies listed in Hong Kong
- York University (Canada)
- Edinburgh Napier University (England)