Simon Harding is a partner in the Corporate department. He has a focus on funds, financial services, regulatory and insurance matters, as well as being involved in a range of mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance transactions.
Simon was named as a ´Leader in his Field´ by Chambers UK 2015 and 2014, with sources describing him as “a highly regarded fund expert.” Simon was also recommended by Chambers UK 2017 with sources deeming him a “technically excellent lawyer,” who delivers an “extremely good work product.” Most recently, Simon was ranked as a Band 1 lawyer in Corporate & Finance by Chambers UK 2019. In the edition he is described by market sources as a “first-class technical lawyer”.
Simon is recommended by Legal 500 UK and has been since 2013. In the most recent 2018 guide, he has been named a ‘Leading Individual’ in the categories of Investment Funds & Capital Markets and Insurance & Pensions.
Some recent examples of Simon´s representative work include advising:
- A major international banking group on the restructuring of certain of its offshore deposit-taking operations.
- An international financial services group on the disposal of its offshore life insurance operations.
- The sellers of Oldford Group on the Isle of Man legal and regulatory matters relating to a transaction whereby Amaya Gaming Group Inc. (TSX: AYA) agreed to acquire privately held Oldford Group, the parent company of Rational Group, the world’s largest poker business and owner and operator of the PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker brands, for an aggregate purchase price of US$4.9 billion.
- DBAY Advisors Limited in relation to the acquisition of Eddie Stobart Logistics Limited from Stobart Group Limited by a consortium of investors led by DBAY Advisors in a deal valued at £280m.
- Lloyds Banking Group on the sale of its Isle of Man insurance operations to RL360.
- Aviva with the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Friends Life.
- Optima Capital on the foundation of €5m Isle of Man specialist fund Libero Growth Fund.
University of York (England)
College of Law, Guildford (England)
“Simon Harding is described by market sources as a ‘first-class technical lawyer’.”