Tom Brook is Partner within the Corporate department and specialises in advising clients on a wide range of debt finance, equity finance, M&A, and restructuring transactions.
Tom spent seven years in the banking and finance teams of two UK based international law firms before moving offshore and joining Appleby in 2011. Tom has experience of advising on domestic and cross-border debt finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings and corporate governance issues. His clients include onshore law firms, international financial institutions, listed and private companies and high net worth individuals.
Tom is recommended in all of the major legal directories and most recently the Legal 500 UK 2018 ranked Tom as a ‘Next Generation’ lawyer in Investment Funds & Capital Markets, as well as being noted in the practices areas of Banking and Finance, Commercial Property, Corporate and Commercial and Insurance and Pensions.
Tom is qualified in England and Wales, the British Virgins Islands and the Isle of Man.
Some recent examples of Tom´s representative work include:
- Advising Palatine Private Equity on matters of Isle of Man law in connection with its investment in SMP Partners.
- Advising Basalt Infastructure Partners LP on matters of Isle of Man law in connection debt finance relating to its acquisition of Manx Telecom PLC.
- Advising Clearbell Property Partners on matters of BVI law in connection with its debt funded acquisition of London office block 65 Kingsway.
- Advising Strix Group plc on matters of Isle of Man law in connection with its £190 million listing on AIM.
- Advising DBAY on matters of Isle of Man law in connection with its take private of Creston Plc.
- Advising Blackstone on matters of Isle of Man law in connection with its enforcement of share security over of a high profile Isle of Man group of companies.
- Acting for The Royal Bank of Scotland International Limited and Isle of Man Bank Limited in connection with their most significant Isle of Man based real estate finance transactions.
- Acting for Credit Suisse on the Isle of Man aspects of the $100m senior debt refinancing of a leading Isle of Man registered independent oil producer.
- Acting for HSBC Bank plc in relation to a number of the largest property investment and development finance transactions which have taken place in the Isle of Man.
- Acting for Standard Bank Isle of Man Limited in relation to their largest property investment finance loan.
University of Manchester (England)
College of Law (Chester, England)
“[Tom] is very responsive and sensible.”