Eleanor Harding (née Dangerfield) is a senior associate within the Corporate department in the Isle of Man, specialising in banking and asset finance transactions, including property, aircraft and ship finance matters. She joined the firm as a trainee and after completing her two year period of articles, Eleanor qualified in February 2011 as an Isle of Man Advocate.
Eleanor has particular experience in providing opinions on Isle of Man companies, dealing with cross-border security and insolvency issues and providing advice on all aspects of ship and aircraft finance and registration in the Isle of Man. Eleanor acts for many international financial institutions, law firms and corporate service providers, advising on a full range of the key and complex legal issues that affect both their own businesses and those of their clients.
Eleanor assisted Andrew Webb in preparing the Isle of Man chapter for Aircraft Finance Online published by Sweet & Maxwell Limited which covers the registration of aircraft, the registration of aircraft security and the enforcement of aircraft mortgages lease registration in the Isle of Man.
She was recently recommended by Legal 500 UK 2016 for her shipping and aviation finance expertise and was commended by clients for being “efficient and easy-to-work with”.
Recent highlights have included advising:
- First and second collateral agents on behalf of a syndicate of institutional lenders in connection with multi-billion US$ loan facilities relating to the purchase of a high profile gaming group of companies.
- A lender in connection with financing the acquisitions of one new Bombardier Challenger 605 Aircraft and one new Bombardier Global 6000 Aircraft.
- Certain lenders as to enforcement options available in relation to Isle of Man registered and mortgaged aircraft.
- Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management on the financing for the £43m acquisition of 1 Queen Anne’s Gate Buildings in London’s West End
- A syndicate of lenders in connection with the US$70m financing of three Isle of Man registered motor vessels.
- The purchase of shares of an Isle of Man incorporated company which is the owner of an Isle of Man registered 2009 Embraer Legacy 600 aircraft registered in the Isle of Man.
- Denis O´Brien´s Kendrick Investments Ltd in providing Isle of Man advice relating to structuring the acquisition of circa €400m loan facilities owed to IBRC (formerly Anglo Irish Bank).
- Lenders in connection with the restructuring of multi-jurisdictional distressed property holding structures and possible enforcement strategies.
- Banks in respect of the validity and enforceability of close-out netting under the 1992 and 2002 ISDA Master Agreements and the validity and enforceability of collateral arrangements under the ISDA credit support documents in respect of Isle of Man entities.
“[Eleanor] is efficient and easy-to-work with”