Crystal Au-Yeung is a Senior Associate in Appleby’s Hong Kong office and a member of the dispute resolution department. Crystal was admitted as a solicitor in the British Virgin Islands, the High Court of Hong Kong (non-practising), and in England & Wales. Crystal specialises in cross-border disputes, trust disputes, insolvency & restructuring, enforcement of debts and securities, and advising clients on mitigating litigation risks and corporate governance matters.
As one of the few BVI qualified litigators with Chinese capability, Crystal has extensive experience in handling disputes arising out of the PRC, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.
She is also affiliate member of STEP.
Crystal is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Prior to joining Appleby Crystal worked as a dispute resolution lawyer at another leading offshore law firm. Before practising offshore laws, Crystal worked as a dispute specialist in a multinational law firm the predecessor of which being a leading PRC law firm.
Recent highlights have included acting for:
- PRC bank in the first case where the BVI Court has recognised and enforced judgments from the PRC courts, and obtained an order appointing post-judgment receivers.
- Trustee in proceedings commenced under section 48 of the Cayman Trust Law to seek directions on a proposed distribution plan.
- Hong Kong listed company in restructuring its offshore bond debt by way of a scheme of arrangement sanctioned by the BVI court.
- Minority shareholders in a Macau based entity in an unfair prejudice claim under section 184I of the BVI Business Companies Act.
* Includes transaction completed by the lawyer prior to joining Appleby
- Dispute Resolution
- The University of Hong Kong – LLB, PCLL