Paul’s recent work highlights include:
- Leading the Jersey structured finance team on CLO transactions with an aggregate value of USD9 billion in 2022 alone for established clients and leading US sponsors
- Acting as Fund Counsel to Heligan Investments on the launch of their first fund, Heligan Private Equity I, which focusses on high growth technology companies in the National Security, Crime Prevention and Public Safety sectors.
- Acting as Jersey counsel to SparkChange on the launch of a rlf world first ETC which provides investors with exposure to regulated European Union Carbon Allowances (EUAs).
- Providing on-going advice and assistance to a large private equity firm on numerous transactions including subscription line, NAV and GP facilities.
- Advising a leading Nordic private equity firm on the management and administration of its existing funds and putting in place subscription line, NAV and portfolio company facilities.
- Advising a Fintech payment solution start-up on all aspects of its incorporation and establishment, capital structuring and the application of financial services and AML regulatory regimes to its proposed activities.
- Advising a FTSE 250 international services business on the Jersey elements of a pre-sale hive out of a circa GBP 1 billion line of business operating in over 40 jurisdictions.
- Advising a leading international private equity firm on the restructuring of a GBP 300 million plus portfolio of hotels and other leisure assets to rationalise intragroup debt and facilitate a return of capital.
- Advising a leading crypto business on the regulatory treatment and enforceability of certain OTC derivative products to be offered to institutional and professional investors.
- Advising a leading US Bank on its USD 1.5 billion term loan, with a further USD 300 million accordion and the related purchase of USD 800 million secured senior notes.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders in relation to a GBP 525 million senior term facility, a EUR 534 million senior term facility, a GBP 155 million senior revolving facility and a GBP 265 million second lien facility to finance a take private initiated by a leading private equity firm.
- Advising the initial purchasers on the issue by Adient Global Holdings Ltd of USD 900 million and EUR 1 billion tranches of CISE listed notes.
- Advising a leading US bank as agent for the senior lenders in relation to a GBP 560 million (senior) and GBP 240 million (junior) corporate development facilities provided to a London-focused development and investment Company delivering one of the most exciting regeneration schemes in Europe.
- Advising Lone Star Funds on financing its GBP 250 million acquisition of Quercus Healthcare Property Unit Trust (as part of its wider acquisition of the Quercus Healthcare Fund from Aviva Investors).
- Advising a top five US bank on the Jersey elements of GBP 150 million put option financing to a large investment fund with NAV in excess of USD 5.5 billion including advice on the option agreement, stock loan, GMSLA and ISDA arrangements and netting.
Coverage & Insights
Qualifications & Education
Paul qualified as a Solicitor of England and Wales in 2014 and was sworn in as an Advocate of the Royal Court of Jersey in January 2021.
- London School of Economics (England)
- Nottingham Law School (England)
- Institute of Law (Jersey)