Karishma Beegoo is an associate within the Corporate department in Mauritius. She joined Appleby in July 2012 as Law Graduate.
Karishma graduated from the University of Mauritius with an LLB (Honours). She completed her Vocational Examinations at the Council of Legal Education, Mauritius in October 2015.
She has been a member of the Law Society of Mauritius since March 2017.
Karishma recently contributed the Mauritius chapter to the Chambers and Partners’ “Fintech 2018” guide.
Karishma speaks fluent English and French.
- The Seychelles Debt Swap, advising on the Seychelles environmental deal pursuant to which the Seychelles Government made a commitment to enhance marine conservation and climate adaptation in the first of its kind debt-swap deal agreed between the Government of Seychelles and its Paris Club creditors.
- Bank of New York Mellon, advising on the Bank of New York Mellon as Trustee, Notes Collateral Agent and Common Collateral Agent in connection with the Greenko Energy Holdings and Greenko Investment Company offering of USD500 million senior notes due 2023 by Greenko Investment Company.
- Assisting on corporate restructure transactions, including amendments to memorandum and articles for offshore companies incorporated in Seychelles, review and advice on shareholders agreements, share subscription agreements, share sale and purchase agreements.
- Drafting of Seychelles law security documents and perfection requirements: share pledges, floating charges, preparing capacity and enforceability legal opinions in respect of Seychelles entities.
- Council of Legal Education (Mauritius)
- University of Mauritius (Mauritius)