Ida Nylund is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Department of Appleby’s Hong Kong office.
Ida specialises in cross-border contentious and non-contentious restructurings, having a broad range of experience, advising creditors and debtors on restructuring and insolvency issues both in and outside of court proceedings. Ida has worked with teams from various jurisdictions on complex cross-border matters and has experience in dealing with various types of finance instruments, structures and documents.
Ida is admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales. Prior to joining Appleby, Ida worked as a restructuring & insolvency lawyer at another offshore law firm in Hong Kong. Before practicing offshore, Ida was an associate with a leading international law firm in Amsterdam and London, and a US firm in London.
Ida’s experience includes acting for:
- Hong Kong listed Bermuda holding company and primary Bermudian subsidiaries, in seeking the appointment of provisional liquidators on a light touch basis by the Bermuda Court.
- Hong Kong listed BVI company in restructuring New York law governed bonds by way of a BVI scheme of arrangement.
- Hong Kong listed Cayman company in restructuring unsecured debt by means of parallel schemes of arrangement in Cayman and Hong Kong.
- Brexit related multi-jurisdictional reorganisation of operating entities belonging to global motor-vehicle group.
*Includes transactions completed before joining Appleby.
- Fellow of INSOL International and member of IWIRC.
- Admitted as a barrister (advocaat) with the Amsterdam Bar Association in 2007 (inactive).
- International Commercial Arbitration Law (LLM), Stockholm University, Sweden.
- Master in Dutch, European and Comparative Law (LLM), European Law School, Maastricht University, the Netherlands.