Contact Us

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Denise Tse is a Legal Manager in the Corporate Department of Appleby’s Hong Kong office and a member of the Restructuring and Insolvency team.

Denise specialises in restructuring and insolvency matters, with experience in cross-border bankruptcy recognition, winding-up and insolvency proceedings and related commercial litigation and arbitration in Hong Kong. She has extensive experience in advising both private and listed companies as well as directors and shareholders of these companies.

Denise is a native Cantonese speaker and fluent in English and Mandarin. With her Chinese capability, she has extensive experience in handling PRC clients.

Work Highlights

  • Advised Zhongliang Holdings Group Company Limited on restructuring of its offshore debts, totaling approximately USD1.2 billion, by way of a Hong Kong scheme of arrangement
  • Advised a Hong Kong listed company in resisting winding up petition in Hong Kong and obtained an order from the Grand Court of Cayman Islands for the appointment of provisional liquidators
  • Defended the enforcement of a multi-million dollar PRC arbitral award in Hong Kong
  • Acted for the creditors in a highly contested bankruptcy petition in Hong Kong and obtained the bankruptcy order
  • Acted for the trustee-in-bankruptcy in recovering a multi-million dollar property in Hong Kong
  • Worked closely with King’s Counsel in obtaining a recognition order of a Hong Kong bankruptcy order and a relief order in the England and Wales including successfully sought letters of request from the High Court of Hong Kong

* Includes transactions completed by the lawyer prior to joining Appleby

Qualifications & Education

Denise is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales and Hong Kong (non-practising).

  • The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
  • Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
  • Curtin University, Western Australia

Related People

David Bulley

Managing Partner, Head of Restructuring and Corporate: Hong Kong, Shanghai

T +852 6201 3662
E Email David

Lorinda Peasland

Partner: Hong Kong

T +852 2905 5761
E Email Lorinda

Eliot Simpson

Partner: Hong Kong

T +852 2905 5765
E Email Eliot

Crystal Au-Yeung

Counsel: Hong Kong

T +852 2905 5767
E Email Crystal

Ray Leung

Associate: Hong Kong

T +852 2905 5718
E Email Ray

Michael Makridakis

Consultant: Hong Kong

T +852 9678 9970
E Email Michael

John McCarroll SC

Partner: Hong Kong

T +852 2905 5771
E Email John

Lily Miao

Partner: Hong Kong

T +852 2905 5715
E Email Lily

Kitty Chan

Partner | Shanghai ; Registered Foreign Lawyer (England & Wales) | Hong Kong : Hong Kong, Shanghai

T +852 2905 5722
E Email Kitty

Kelly Tang

Legal Manager: Hong Kong

T +852 2905 5757
E Email Kelly

Fanny Or

Legal Manager: Hong Kong

T +852 2905 5726
E Email Fanny

Andrea Ho

Paralegal: Hong Kong

T +852 2905 5712
E Email Andrea

I need to
  • Select your option
  • find a lawyer
  • find an office
  • contact you