Appleby is delighted to welcome 13 Bermudian high school, college or university students to its 2023 summer internship programme.
The internships which range from two to 10 weeks, match a student with a mentor in a legal practice area or support group department in the firm’s Bermuda office. This year we also have a student that will have the opportunity to work with AGS (Appleby Global Services), the firm’s fiduciary services provider which offers a range of administration and reporting services.
Our 2023 Summer Interns are:
- Imani Bell, completing the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at Bermuda High School;
- Max Blakeney, completing a Bachelor of Laws (Honors) at The University of Buckingham. Max was also a 2022 summer intern;
- Ice’ces Jackson, completing a Bachelor of Laws with Business at The University of Law;
- Megan Lau, completing a Masters of Science in Global Health Policy at The London School of Economics and starting the Post Graduate Diploma in Law (conversion) in September at The University of Law;
- Skye Oliveira, completing a Bachelors Degree in International Relations and Chinese at Tufts University;
- Miaya Pereira, completing a Bachelor of Laws at University of Kent;
- Jada Rogers-Ingemann, completing a Bachelor of Laws (Honors) at University of Kent. Jada was also a 2022 Bursary recipient and summer intern;
- Harley Rouwhorst, completing a Graduate Diploma of Law at The University of Law. Harley was also a 2022 summer intern.
- Jasmin Brown, completing a Bachelor of Laws with Sociology at University of Kent. Jasmin will be splitting her time with Corporate;
- Mya Gibbons, completing a Legal Practice Course with a Masters of Science in Law and Business Management at The University of Law. Mya will be splitting her time with AGS.
- Guielle Bean, completing a Bachelor of Laws (Honors) at University of Kent. Guielle was also a 2022 summer intern.
- Jeremias Pietila, recently completed the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at Warwick Academy;
- Danni Watson, completing a Bachelors of Physiology at Rider University.
Brad Adderley, Bermuda Managing Partner, said: “Students and the next generation is our future. We very much welcome this amazing group of students. We encourage their curiosity and thirst for knowledge. We are excited to watch and support them as they continue with their studies and embark on their careers.”
Appleby is also pleased to host a summer law student event on Thursday 20 July with many Bermuda students attending. For more information please visit our Linkedin account. Students that attend the event will be entered into a draw for a chance to win a $2,500 travel voucher. The winner of the prize will be announced at the event.