Jordan is an associate in the Dispute Resolution department in Appleby’s Bermuda office. Prior to joining Appleby, Jordan practiced as a Litigation Associate with another Bermuda firm.
Jordan has represented clients in Supreme Court on a wide range of matters including commercial contract disputes, mortgage enforcement, probate and estate disputes, and property disputes.
Jordan has experience working with local and international clients on cross-border trust and insolvency matters, and public law matters.
Jordan has extensive experience in employment matters. He has advised primarily employers but also individuals on matters including employment rights (generally), labour relations and union negotiations, post termination obligations and rights, and employer obligations under human rights legislation.
Jordan also has extensive experience in Magistrates’ and Family Court.
Jordan is an associate member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, a member of the Bermuda Medical Practitioners Conduct Committee (Alternate Chairperson), and a member of the Bermuda Nursing Council.
Jordan was highlighted in 2017 by both the Bermuda: RE+ILS magazine and the Bermudian magazine as a Rising Star.
- Maternity/Paternity leave – anticipated amendments to the Employment Act – The Bermuda Chamber of Commerce, Insider Newsletter – October 2019
- Employment Tribunal confirms that Tribunal Proceedings can proceed in an Employer’s absence – The Bermuda Chamber of Commerce, Insider Newsletter – September 2019
- Probationary Periods – Importance of Dates When Considering Extensions – The Bermuda Chamber of Commerce, Insider Newsletter – August 2019
- Employee off-duty conduct social media and serious misconduct – The Bermuda Chamber of Commerce, Insider Newsletter – June 2019
- Introducing Restrictive Convenants Into Existing Employment Relationships – The Bermuda Chamber of Commerce, Insider Newsletter – April 2019
- Investigations in the Workplace – Pitfalls for the unwary – The Bermuda Chamber Of Commerce, Insider Newsletter – February 2019
University of Kent (Canterbury) – LLB
University of Law, London (Moorgate) – LPC