- A and B Limited v B and Otrs, representing the minor beneficiary and specified unborn beneficiaries of the C Settlement in relation to an application by trustees for the blessing of a momentous decision to enter into a Settlement Agreement which settled claims relating to the trust.
- Mazzoleni v Summerhill Trust Company, assisting with an appeal by beneficiaries regarding a decision by a trustee not to appoint a trust protector;
- Montpelier v Gittins, obtaining a proprietary injunction and then assisting with the claim of a Court-appointed receiver and manager regarding the ownership of companies. Continuing assistance with appeal.
- Dominion v Montpelier, assisting with a successful application by a new trustee seeking an order requiring the former trustee to transfer trust asset and documents to the new trustee. The case included a successful application for indemnity costs against the former trustee.
- McSween v Royal London, successfully defending an insurance company in a claim for negligent misrepresentation;
- Clarke & Otr v RL360, application for strike out and / or amendment of the Defendants’ Defence in which it was successfully argued that the Defendants should be ordered to amend and clarify their pleadings;
Legal 500 UK 2024 again ranked Erin as a ‘Rising Star’ in Dispute Resolution, noting her “deep legal analysis of the most complex matters”. Previous testimonials describe her as being “extremely brilliant and creative” and state ”it is a real pleasure working with her”, and describe her as having a “remarkable eye for detail and… extremely hard working. Her trusts expertise is outstanding. A go-to private client and contentious trusts partner of the future”.
She was also recognised by previous editions of Legal 500 for having “a great intellect” and for being “adept at taking in all angles for a practical solution”.
Qualifications & Education
- Queen Mary, University of London (England)
- University of California, Berkeley
- College of Law, Bloomsbury (England)
- BPP Law School, Leeds (England)
- Called to the Manx Bar – January 2012
- STEP Advanced Certificate in Trust Disputes – 2014
Memberships & Associations
- STEP – Full member (TEP)
- ConTrA (The Contentious Trusts Association)
‘Erin Trimble-Cregeen has been excellent! Fantastic communicator, very thorough, diligent exceptional resolution skillset.’