Luisa is an associate in Appleby’s Dispute Resolution Department.
Luisa joined Appleby in 2018 as a trainee and became an associate in September 2020. She has developed a broad practice within the Dispute Resolution department. Luisa has experience working with local and international clients on contentious trust matters, enforcement of arbitration awards and banking disputes.
She has appeared as sole counsel before the Magistrates’ Court on matters relating to contractual disputes and a civil dispute relating to property rights and before the Supreme Court as a junior to other members of the team.
- Magistrates’ Court: a summary of procedure – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – September 2019
- Public access to information: a review – The Royal Gazette, Legally Speaking – April 2019
- Ivanishvili & Ors v Credit Suisse Life (Bermuda) Limited: Acting for the defendant in claims for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence and breach of common law duties brought by two policyholders and the ultimate beneficial owners of the policies, the former premier of Georgia and his family. The claims have a pleaded value in excess of $500 million;
- The Estate of Hung Wen-Hsiung: Proceedings are bought by one of the heirs of one of Taiwan’s most significant business empires. Our client is the Estate of Mr Hung. Mr Hung was an advisor to the founders and was involved in the establishment of their Bermuda Trusts. It is claimed that the Trusts are invalid under Bermuda law because the purposes are said to be for mixed charitable and non-charitable purposes and/or because of allegations of want of authority and/or undue influence;
- S v L: Advised and represented a committee of investors in proceedings to enforce $189 million in arbitral awards under the New York Convention, including freezing injunction and disclosure applications;
- Re A Pvt Limited: Advised the directors of a private trust company in relation to the renegotiation of a loan agreement for the continued use of the trust’s main asset, a significant art collection currently on display in a major European museum.
Royal Holloway, University of London (BA Classics)
University of Law, London (GDL)
BPP London (LPC)