Recent cases include:*
- Acting for the majority shareholders of a multi-national property development business in proceedings commenced by a minority shareholder seeking winding up of the company on a just and equitable basis.
- Defending a listed mining company in ongoing proceedings commenced by liquidators of two subsidiaries alleging insolvent trading and various breaches of directors’ duties.
- Acting for the majority shareholder and directors of a carbon farming company in proceedings commenced by minority shareholders seeking, inter alia, derivative relief.
- Successfully prosecuting a shareholder oppression claim on behalf of a 50-50 shareholder in a private defence consultancy business.
- Defending a director and co-owner of a luxury goods company in a derivative claim commenced by the company alleging various breaches of directors’ duties.
* Includes transactions completed by the lawyer prior to joining Appleby
Qualifications & Education
Damon is admitted as an attorney-at-law in the Cayman Islands. Damon is also admitted as a lawyer in the Supreme Court of New South Wales and as a solicitor of the High Court of Australia.
- University of New South Wales (LLB)
- University of New South Wales (BSc Psychology).