Have a coffee on Appleby on Blue Monday #ThanksAppleby
Appleby has partnered with local coffee shops in six locations to offer local residents a free coffee* on Blue Monday, 21 January 2019.
The third Monday in January is known as ‘Blue Monday: the gloomiest day of the year’, following the Christmas and New Year celebratory period. This year, Blue Monday falls on 21 January 2019.
The #ThanksAppleby campaign will highlight the importance of creating and maintaining connections in a frenetic world, by encouraging the community to take time out of their day to grab a coffee with someone to chat or reconnect this Blue Monday.
Appleby are coordinating this campaign in The British Virgin Islands, Charlotte, The Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Hong Kong, the Isle of Man and Jersey.
The campaign works as follows:
- Approach the coffee shop on Blue Monday (21 January 2019) with someone who you would like to enjoy a coffee with.
- Say #ThanksAppleby to receive your free coffee.
- Take a photo of you having your complimentary coffee on social media with the hashtag: #ThanksAppleby.
Lynne Capie, Global Head of Communications for Appleby, said: “This campaign has been designed to create some goodwill within our communities, reinforcing the importance of taking time out and encouraging people to connect. We are running this campaign in six of the jurisdictions in which we are based and in Charlotte in the US, one of our client hubs.”
To take part in this campaign, please visit one of the coffee shops listed below:
- British Virgin Islands: Island Roots Cafe
- The Cayman Islands: Full of Beans and Jessie's
- Guernsey: Woodies
- Hong Kong: NODI
- Isle of Man: Coffee Exchange
- Jersey: Bean around the world
*Offer available for the first 100 customers who engage in the campaign. Offer available for medium drinks only and only one coffee per person will be permitted.