Amy Benest is a senior associate within the Dispute Resolution department in Jersey. Her experience spans both contentious and non-contentious trust areas, both onshore and offshore, with a focus on trust and estates litigation and commercial litigation.
She worked in Jersey and then in London before returning to Jersey and joining Appleby in March 2013.
Amy was called to the Bar of England and Wales in 2004 (non-practising) and then admitted to the roll of Solicitors in England and Wales in 2008.
She is an Associate member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists. She is also a member of the Law Society of England and Wales. Amy is a key member of Appleby’s Female Leaders Network.
Some recent examples of work include:
- Acting for a successful applicant challenging the appointment of protectors of two trusts;
- Conducting due diligence on a trust company’s disputes for the purchaser
- Acting for a corporate trustee in the defence of a multi-million pound claim relating to alleged mismanagement of underlying trust investments
- Advising banks regarding the enforcement of foreign judgments in Jersey
- Acting for banks in several freezing injunctions
- Acting for a defendant trustee in relation to a breach of trust case regarding the administration of an UK tax mitigation scheme
- Advising banks in relation to potential insolvencies of Jersey customers
- Advising in relation to winding up applications under the Companies (Jersey) Law 1991
- Advising trust companies in relation to disclosure obligations
- Advising in relation to the enforcement of a foreign arbitral award in Jersey
- Advising trustees in relation to their obligations and duties in their retirement
University of East Anglia (England)
BPP Law School (England)
“[Amy] is responsive, understanding and supportive”.