Mark Brady is a group partner in Appleby’s Jersey office and a member of the corporate department. He practices in a wide range of corporate, finance and regulatory matters. He has a particular interest in the financial services, energy & natural resources and FinTech sectors.
Mark was admitted as a solicitor in Scotland in 2006.
Representative work includes:
- Advising several UK banking groups on the regulatory, contractual and security related aspects of their LIBOR transition re-papering exercises.
- Advising a UK bank in relation to the financing of an acquisition of a super yacht.
- Advising an International banking group on compliance with financial services regulation across the crown dependencies and other offshore jurisdictions.
- Advising an International private banking group on the financial services regulatory issue around extending its fund services and investment business into Jersey.
- Advising a FinTech Unicorn in the cross-border payments and FX business on EU regulatory compliance matters in the context of strategic partnerships with merchant platforms and on other general commercial legal matters;
- While at Standard Life Aberdeen plc, supporting the multi-billion disposal of Standard Life Assurance Limited to Phoenix Group Holdings plc;
- While at Deutsche Bank AG, advising its Global Transaction Banking business on a proposed partnership with IATA and Lufthansa to develop an innovative new payments model;
- While at Deutsche Bank AG, advising the business on the disposal of the bank’s interest in BACS to UKPA;
- While in private practice in Scotland, acting for banks and borrowers on a range of notable banking & finance transactions, including private equity backed leveraged buy-outs, large corporate and syndicated financings, project finance in the energy sector, real estate finance, fund finance and asset finance for ships and aircraft.
The University of Edinburgh
Banking & Asset Finance, Corporate Finance, Fund Finance, Funds & Investment Services, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Real Estate Finance, Structured Finance, Insolvency & Restructuring, Commercial Property, Regulatory Advice