Jared Dann is a Group Partner in Appleby’s Jersey office and leads the Dispute Resolution team. He specialises in complex and high-value trust litigation, and in matters involving fraud and asset recovery. Jared also has experience of a range of contentious insolvency and restructuring matters, particularly where they involve multiple jurisdictions.
Jared was called to the Bar of England and Wales in 2007 (currently non-practising) and thereafter practised at the commercial and chancery bar in London before joining Appleby in 2011. He was admitted as an Advocate of the Royal Court of Jersey in 2014 and became a Partner in 2019.
Jared is an experienced courtroom advocate, having appeared very regularly first in the English courts as a barrister, and subsequently in the Jersey courts at all levels. He frequently works closely with colleagues in other Appleby offices, and with law firms in the UK and internationally, having developed a practice which often involves international and multi-jurisdictional issues.
Legal 500 has ranked Jared as a Next Generation Partner in recent years, describing him as “quick thinking and confident” and as an “excellent court lawyer”. He is also ranked by Chambers & Partners as “Up and Coming”, being described as “very helpful, good and thorough, with a great attention to detail”. He is a member of ConTRA – the Contentious Trusts Association, and is on the Legal and Regulatory committee of ARIES – the Association of Restructuring and Insolvency Experts in the Channel Islands.
Examples of recent work include:
- Acting for the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in connection with the recovery and repatriation to Nigeria of assets connected with the late General Abacha
- Working with Guernsey and BVI colleagues on a complex multi-jurisdictional trust and limited partnership dispute
- Acting for the liquidators of a Jersey company in claims against the former directors and the corporate service provider
- Acting for the beneficiaries of Jersey trusts in connection with a complex and long-running dispute
- Advising trustees in relation to various complex issues which had arisen in the administration of high value trusts
Inns of Court School of Law, London (England)
City University, London (England)
University of Oxford (England)
“[Jared] is quick-thinking and confident.” and an “excellent court lawyer”.