The buyer acquired 95% of the issued share capital of Northstar Group (Bermuda) Limited and an option to acquire the remaining 5%. The seller is remaining involved in the business to assist with transition of client and regulator relationships.

Appleby provided Bermuda law advice to the seller of Northstar Group (Bermuda) Limited, including advising on structuring the transaction, necessary regulatory approvals, assistance through the due diligence process and in relation to arrangements for managing the ongoing relationship between seller, buyer and target post-closing.

Partner Brad Adderley led this transaction with assistance from Senior Associate Josephine Noddings.

More Deals
6 Apr 2021 | Deals

Appleby Bermuda advised Floatel on its successful restructuring

Appleby Bermuda advised Floatel International Limited and it subsidiaries (the Group) on its success...

4 Mar 2021 | Deals

Appleby Bermuda acts as counsel to the Special Committee of Gaslog Ltd.

Appleby is currently acting as Bermuda counsel to the Special Committee of Gaslog Ltd. in relation t...

16 Feb 2021 | Deals

Appleby advises Transverse in AmRisc Transaction

Appleby acted as Bermuda counsel to Transverse Insurance Group in their partnership with AmRisc LLC,...

Contributors: Matthew Carr, Khiyara Krige
5 Feb 2021 | Deals

Appleby acted as Bermuda counsel for PartnerRe in connection with the launch of a new retro sidecar

Appleby acted as Bermuda counsel for PartnerRe, the Bermuda based reinsurance company, in establishi...

5 Feb 2021 | Deals

Appleby Bermuda advises Global Atlantic in KKR transaction

Appleby acted as counsel to Global Atlantic Financial Group Limited (Global Atlantic) in connection ...

Contributors: Josephine Noddings
20 Jan 2021 | Deals

Appleby Bermuda advised Stable Group in novel structure

Appleby acted as Bermuda counsel for the Stable Group in the structuring, establishing and licensing...

17 Nov 2020 | Deals

Appleby acted as Bermuda counsel for Ascendant Group Limited

Appleby acted as Bermuda counsel for Ascendant Group Limited ("Ascendant") in the acquisition of Asc...

16 Nov 2020 | Deals

Appleby acted as Bermuda counsel for Chaucer

Appleby acted as Bermuda counsel for Chaucer, the international specialty (re)insurance group, in th...

Contributors: John Small
3 Nov 2020 | Deals

Appleby Bermuda advised Argo Group in the sale of Ariel Re

Our Bermuda team advised Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd., an underwriter of specialty insura...