Sheila Crosby is a Partner* in the Funds & Investment Management group in the firm’s Cayman Islands office. She advises fund managers and sponsors on all aspects of offshore private equity and hedge fund formation, operation, restructuring and termination. Sheila regularly advises on corporate governance and regulatory compliance matters, fund structuring, mergers and migrations and the formation and structuring of downstream trading vehicles, SPVs, co-investment structures, AIVs and liquidating vehicles.
Prior to joining Appleby in 2021, Sheila practised in the Funds & Investment Management group of another leading offshore law firm in the Cayman Islands from 2011. She also practised in the securities group of a top tier Canadian law firm in Calgary, advising private and publicly traded companies on mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance matters in the oil, gas and energy sectors. She then operated her own practice is British Columbia, Canada, prior to her move offshore in 2011.
- 2011 – Cayman Islands
- 2008 – British Columbia, Canada (not practising)
- 2007 – Alberta, Canada (not practising)
- University of British Columbia, Canada, Juris Doctor
- University of Victoria, Canada, Bachelor of Commerce
- Lund University, Sweden, Faculty of Law, Academic Exchange
- University of Mannheim, Germany, Faculty of Business Administration, Academic Exchange
*subject to Immigration approval