Karina Li is an associate in the corporate department of Appleby’s Hong Kong office. Karina joined Appleby in January 2016, prior to which, she practiced as a corporate lawyer in a law firm in Sydney, Australia. Her recent practice involves advising clients on Bermuda, British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands law.
Karina focuses on areas of commercial and corporate finance, including advising on securities offerings, project financing, structured products, credit facility arrangement, bond issuance and various forms of credits and securities.
Karina was admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales, Australia in 2015.
Karina is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Recent cases include acting as:
- BVI counsel for Citigroup Global Markets Asia Limited in connection with the sale of 26.02% interest in HK-listed Sun Art Retail Group Limited, held by Taiwan-listed Ruentex Group, to Taobao China Holding Limited, a subsidiary of Alibaba Group.
- BVI and Cayman counsel for CCB International in its purchase of convertible bonds issued by Pa Shun Pharmaceutical International Holdings Limited comprising of US$9.28 million of Series 1 convertible bond and US$6.19 million worth of Series 2 convertible bond.
- BVI and Cayman counsel to Smart Globe Holdings Limited in its initial public offering on the Growth Enterprise Market of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with net proceeds of approximately HK$41.5 million.
- BVI and Cayman counsel to Shen You Holdings Limited in its initial public offering on the Growth Enterprise Market of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with net proceeds of approximately HK$60 million.
- BVI and Cayman counsel to Fineland Real Estate Services Group Limited in its initial public offering on the Growth Enterprise Market of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with gross proceeds of approximately HK$12.5 million.
- Banking & Asset Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Structured Finance
University of New South Wales (Australia)